Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locations of licences received?

Options
  • 27-10-2009 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Have you received your licence and if so, what county are you in?
    just to get an idea of whats happening around the country..

If you have you received your licence, which County are you in? 226 votes

Dublin
    0% 0 votes
    Wicklow
    18% 41 votes
    Wexford
    5% 13 votes
    Carlow
    4% 11 votes
    Kildare
    1% 4 votes
    Meath/Westmeath
    4% 11 votes
    Louth
    9% 21 votes
    Monaghan
    3% 9 votes
    Cavan
    0% 2 votes
    Longford
    1% 4 votes
    Ofally
    0% 1 vote
    Laois
    2% 5 votes
    Kilkenny
    5% 12 votes
    Waterford
    2% 6 votes
    Cork
    4% 10 votes
    Kerry
    8% 20 votes
    Limerick
    1% 3 votes
    Tipperary
    5% 12 votes
    Clare
    3% 9 votes
    Galway
    6% 14 votes
    Mayo
    4% 10 votes
    Roscommon
    2% 5 votes
    Sligo
    0% 2 votes
    Leitrim
    0% 1 vote
    Donegal
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

recieved my four licences this morning, one for a shotgun, one for my 223 , 243 and brand new 308;)

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭shannonpowerlab

Great idea!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Great idea!!
    I'm not sure it is, or whether it's going to tell us anything. There are some districts that have very few if any restricted firearms and there are others with lots. So at the early stages, the figures will be skewed towards those larger districts making it look as if others are doing nothing.

Also once the approval is in the system, the processing is centralised and licence issuing may be somewhat random in nature.

Add in the possibility that your licence is in the part of the pile the Super/Chief Super hasn't got to yet and your neighbour's was in the bit he did get to and you'd be led to believe that yours is next when it may be a week or two away.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

rrpc wrote: »
    I'm not sure it is, or whether it's going to tell us anything. There are some districts that have very few if any restricted firearms and there are others with lots. ........

Is this poll for restricted firearms only or both restricted and unrestricted?
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

I'm not sure it is, or whether it's going to tell us anything.

bar the distribution of licenses of people on boards.

B'Man

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ezridax wrote: »
    Well mostly restricted as that's where the first distribution of licences was aimed.

Some with non-restricted have been caught up in the first tranch either because they had a restricted firearm or the system deemed a firearm to be restricted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Well mostly restricted as that's where the first distribution of licences was aimed.

of re-applications - any new applications will be in there too.

B'Man

I'm not sure it is, or whether it's going to tell us anything. There are some districts that have very few if any restricted firearms and there are others with lots. So at the early stages, the figures will be skewed towards those larger districts making it look as if others are doing nothing.

Also once the approval is in the system, the processing is centralised and licence issuing may be somewhat random in nature.

Add in the possibility that your licence is in the part of the pile the Super/Chief Super hasn't got to yet and your neighbour's was in the bit he did get to and you'd be led to believe that yours is next when it may be a week or two away.

sounds like you must be waiting for your restricted firearms licenses Mr.rrpc. I understand your frustration.

Well, from what I can see, I would imagine that the Garda offices would start dealing with easy ones first in which case it can be non-restricted renewals. I'd imagine that under normal circumstances whoever has restricted firearms, would also have at least 1 non restricted right?
    Then eventually move on to more complicated ones. I might be wrong but that kind of sounds like the commom approach...

Once there is some signs of movements in a certain region, it would probably mean that there is a small white dot at the end of the tunnel.

It just gives me hope...looking at those charts. That is all.

So far there is no movement in my region. I spoke with one of the dealers yesterday and he told me that there is no one that he would know got anything even a notification letter yet.

It is nice to have hope.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

ezridax wrote: »

its a poll for all licenses, all are welcome :)
    it was just an idea to see what was happing in "your county":D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Sound. Will have all mine (bar restricted) back in a couple of days. Cast my vote then.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

It's kinda like watching Eurovision...:D Clare 0 point....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

It's kinda like watching Eurovision...:D Clare 0 point....

That's not the Eurovision ... that's the hurling.

A ha, you are right.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭lucy333springer

Let's stick with ghost's post,
    and get off the beaten track,
    it's only a idea,
    GIVE THE GUY A BREAK :mad:

Laois leading Clare still 0 :mad:

Just to bring this one up on the first page of the list.....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Got mine this morning for my new rifle but dealer does not open today:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 bang

second grant letter ,first actual license
    semi auto shotgun , 500 rounds :)

just waiting on the substitution .22

flimsy license , pathetic really.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Valhalla18

Question , there is a list of post offices on the gards website who are supposodly taking payments for licenses, rang a few of them in the wicklow area but they are not taking payment untill the 4th november, has anybody used any post office for their payment and can you tell me if the licences come back any quicker than the 7 working days it takes from Co Clare ??? regards Valhalla18

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭lee70

moose112 wrote: »
    Got mine this morning for my new rifle but dealer does not open today:(
    when did you apply and how long did it take for your licences ap to come back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

lee70 wrote: »
    when did you apply and how long did it take for your licences ap to come back

Sent off the postal order last Tuesday (reckoned postal order would be quicker than cheque as it would clear straight away)

no what i ment was how long did it take from your original rifle application from the gards to come back to you i applyed back in july but nothing back yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Lee - back in July - you would have applied for a licence on the old forms. These are now obsolete. I doubt if they would have processed it knowing that the new system was coming up. Might be worth a call. Other than that you can download the forms FCA1 from the Garda.ie website or call to your station and get the forms there and send back. Best of luck.

LB6 wrote: »
    Lee - back in July - you would have applied for a licence on the old forms. These are now obsolete. I doubt if they would have processed it knowing that the new system was coming up. Might be worth a call. Other than that you can download the forms FCA1 from the Garda.ie website or call to your station and get the forms there and send back. Best of luck.
    i had to fill in the new form about 4 weeks ago [for a new firearm] just wanted to know how long it will take

:pac:As suspected....:pac:

Looks like the 'countrysides' are the last to receive...although the commom sense suggets that it would be easier to go through the applications with less population and smaller communities...

But then I am sure there are more people there who would not bother with it either...

I wonder when I get mine...:pac:

Sorry Lee - but that's just anyone's guess. It depends on the Super/District/First or Renewal (I know you said new)/type of firearm required/House check ups etc. etc. Mine took 5 wks - just to answer your question - but they know me and my gear! :D

All ready have a shootgun. had the house check. new application for a .22 magnum. original application sat in local station for 12 weeks just starting to get a wee bit peed off

No need to get p'd off just yet - 'tis still only 4 weeks - keep your powder dry and make a phone call to your FO, no raised voices - you're just querying to see if there has been any progress made on your application form! I assume that when you handed it in - you gave it to the FO. Ask for him/her again.

i'll keep ye posted cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭BornToKill

lee70 wrote: »
    i had to fill in the new form about 4 weeks ago [for a new firearm] just wanted to know how long it will take

You're supposed to get an answer within 3 months. Might be less.

Advertisement