Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locations of licences received?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mickysunbeds

applied for first liecence on june 14 2009 got it on 19 12 2009 living in shankill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭pedroeibar

Got my 3 unrestricted licences today. Very fast turnaround after payment in local Post Office.
    No sign yet of any news on the restricted one. :confused:
    P.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

got my license in the post 2 days ago, took 1 month to receive the letter saying they are processing my app, 2 weeks later got my grant later next day got my license in the post =) living in enniscorthy/wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭NewSigGuy

I just received my Grant letter for My Sig P226 that I have had for the last three years, Kildare area...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Congrats NewSigGuy.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Father submitted a substitution on the 26th March. Got his license in the post this morning. Including the bank holiday and weekends (friday to monday) total turnaround time was 12 days. 8 working days. Nice.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Well done Newsigguy, nice to hear that theres a Chief Super out there with a bit of cop on!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

Renewals submitted 2nd Feb. Grant letters received 5th April.
    2 unrestricted shotguns.

Cabra district (Dublin :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Finally got both shotgun and rifle back after submitting in August. Submitting my first application for a stalking rifle this week after getting my license so hopefully that will be done in time for the beginning of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

Got mine today took 5weeks all in all... Cant complain..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Louth. Just got my grant letter for the Gamo .22 four week turn around period. Can't complain there.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Renewal for my .22 submitted on the 13 April - grant received today - getting better in Louth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

myself and the father sent ours off in january and all we've got back so far is a letter saying our applications are being processed:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Ted The Head

I have held a .22lr Rifle cert for thirty years , and a shotgun cert for six years and recieved both in about six weeks after applying, :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Just when I thought things where sorted. My .22 Gamo cert is a long story. Basically it was issued in the last month of the old certs. I was limited to 100 pellets and the serial number was off by one digit. I was given an extension until July, so I handed it in about five weeks ago.

So I got the cert on Tuesday, I was given the 1,000 pellets I asked for and the number was finally corrected. However, my model is a viper max http://www.alansairrifles.co.uk/images/ViperMax.jpg It comes with a mod, if you click on the link you will see that the front sight is fixed to the mod. Anyway, there is no S on my cert.

I spoke to my FO today, he took the details and to be fair was on the phone to me within the hour, I'm in the system as having a mod, but there was no mention of a new cert being issued. It's not that big of a deal at the end of the day, but it looks like I will waiting three years before I get the S.

He is a very nice person to deal with so I was going to push him on anything, I'm in the system, he checked it out himself as his told me that he agrees that in this case it's not an accessory, but an integral part of in his words "the weapon".

I'm just having no luck with that rifle, I gone through 3 scopes in a year. I think the spring is damaging them, so I just use the open sights now and enjoy it. However, in this case the air rifle is a cheap and cheerful part of my shooting so I don't want to get rid of it.

Anyway that's my little rant or pain with the system, actually writing this now I feel lucky, compared to the way others have been treated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

just got me license in the post now:D, gonna try go pick up the rifle can't wait i have been waiting for the last eight months.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Just got my payment notice for my .22 mag renewal. I only put the form in to the Gurads last Month, they are getting faster around here!! I am off to the post office now!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭gentleman jim

finally got my licence for my new rifle today!! i only applyed for it back in SEPTEMBER:mad::mad:. but i'm delighted i finally got it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Have you received your licence and if so, what county are you in?
    just to get an idea of whats happening around the country..

I can't see my county on the list, some weird county name that looks like it though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

ormondprop wrote: »
    myself and the father sent ours off in january and all we've got back so far is a letter saying our applications are being processed:mad:

three out of our four license acceptance letters came back at the start of the month and no sign of my fathers shotgun license so we went ahead and paid my 12g and hornet and his .22 license this week and they arrived this morning, i've been granted the use of a moderator but my father hasn't been for some reason.

He went into the garda station at the start of the month over his missing shotgun license as we both recieved the license processing letters on the same day and our other 3 acceptance letters arrived together, he was told to wait another week and see but no luck so they told him they'd have to send of his application again, the guard said that it must have been lost as it would never have been refused due to the fact that his rifle license was granted and that he had five licenses every other year and only two this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ghostmantra

I can't see my county on the list, some weird county name that looks like it though?
    :D:Dsorry about that my bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

:D:Dsorry about that my bad

I can't vote so.:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

seriously how long does it take to put something into the computer??? iv only been waiting 8 weeks but I was talkin to the sargent today he said everything looks fine but I could still be waiting another 3 months!!! think they need a few more people and a few more computers to sort out this back log!

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

just recieved my payment notification today for my first time shotgun.

really must commend the Gardai in my area as it only took 9 working days so really happy with that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

what area are you in

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

Received 2 Licences today for pistols.

1 X 9mm Sig and 1 X .22 Sig Mosquito.

I am absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭murph226

Great news Knockon, enjoy the 9mm, I miss mine:(

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Licence came today for my .243 Ruger rifle, Applied on the 4/3/10 and paid for on 15/7/10. Hopefully i can collect it before the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Will be receiving my first licence for my first rifle on Wed/Thurs, .22 CZ452. Contacted my local FO (Kildare) for an update on my application and was politely told it had been granted and should get it in the post within the next few days :D

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Can only vote once - but have recieved the new licence for the new target 22. Dublin city north district. Took about 3 - 4 weeks to process in total.

Advertisement