Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locations of licences received?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Received my licences for my shot gun and .22 rifle today. Wicklow are very efficient IMO. Very different to Cabinteely when I lived up that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Got my shotgun licence in the post today. Only got 100 rounds though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

How many rounds did you apply for? I applied for 1000 :D - I will let you know what I get... only applied earlier in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

How many rounds did you apply for? I applied for 1000 :D - I will let you know what I get... only applied earlier in the week.

I got 1000 on my shotty!

if you don't ask you can not get ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

I got 1000 on my shotty!

if you don't ask you can not get ;)

I asked and I didn't get :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I asked and I didn't get :rolleyes:

What did you get?

I know of a few fellas that got them amended to say a few more shells FOC.

Worth a try!

Asked for 1000 got 100 then asked again and got 250

As far as i can remember i applied for 500:(
    Can it be ammended without paying another 80bob

Dusty87 wrote: »
    As far as i can remember i applied for 500:(
    Can it be ammended without paying another 80bob

Yes, amendments seem free, same expiry date as orig licence, I got the magic "S" I suggest you apply for same, just supply a cover letter. I'll type it out for you if you want

As far as i know tack, if you apply for 's' its a whole new app, another 80spondulies

• Advertisement

As far as i know tack, if you apply for 's' its a whole new app, another 80spondulies

That's what I thought too...............if you don't apply for "s" on original application and make a subsequent application for the "s"

That's what I thought too...............if you don't apply for "s" on original application and make a subsequent application for the "s"

Not the case, I have an "s" put on a licence that was 7 months old, FREE OF CHARGE!

Must pay her a visit so. Talk nice

Must pay her a visit so. Talk nice

That you may! Being nice opens far more doors than being Rude!;)

then you can buy a mod for your rifle, She will ask you make of mod you are going to use, who is sold it to you, and what you want it for " ie" shoot on land where horses are kept,

in fact you could legitimately say you shoot in the field behind the house and you have a young baby. the moderator quietens down the shot not to wake the baby ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eireshot

Got grant letters this-morning for my rimfire rifles, took exactly nine months to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elius

eireshot wrote: »
    Got grant letters this-morning for my rimfire rifles, took exactly nine months to the day.

:eek::eek::eek: They must have been messing!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭eireshot

elius wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek: They must have been messing!

That's an understatement, Total joke, and i know other lads on here waiting even longer .

My latest application for a .22 pistol took approx 3 x weeks which is fast compared to some of my recent applications

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Nico13

got my shotty 3 weeks ago with 750 and ask for a 1000 , it should bearly do it :D:D

Nico13 wrote: »
    got my shotty 3 weeks ago with 750 and ask for a 1000 , it should bearly do it :D:D

i got 100:-( asked for 500. Its stupid because i buy a box of 00semi magnums for foxes, have x amount left over, buy a box for pheasants, box for ducks etc. Very quick tippin the 100mark with left overs from each day.

• Advertisement

I initially asked for 1000 got 100. Asked again got 250. Better than 100 I suppose :rolleyes:

I initially asked for 1000 got 100. Asked again got 250. Better than 100 I suppose :rolleyes:

You let me down wit your reply. I thought you were goin to say somethin like ' i wouldn have leftovers if i was hittin them' :-P il go back into her soon. If you're into clays 100 even 250 is feck all.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Nico13

[QUOTE=Dusty87;If you're into clays 100 even 250 is feck all.[/QUOTE]

hi dusty that is what happened to me last year (forgot to mention clays) on applicaton, just let them know it is for game and for clays that's how i got my 750 (thanks to the FO, very helpfull)

Nico13 wrote: »
    hi dusty that is what happened to me last year (forgot to mention clays) on applicaton, just let them know it is for game and for clays that's how i got my 750 (thanks to the FO, very helpfull)

I got 1000 even more helpful !

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Got the licence today for my .22lr... a hundred rounds only! Had 200 in the bad old days, looks like I could be visiting my RFD three times on some days..:mad:

DJandDeid wrote: »
    Got the licence today for my .22lr... a hundred rounds only! Had 200 in the bad old days, looks like I could be visiting my RFD three times on some days..:mad:

Get it amended for 1000 :D
    Sorted!

Get it amended for 1000 :D
    Sorted!

Ya 'cause it's as simple as that :rolleyes:

What you need to do is write a letter to your Super explaining how much of an ammo limit you would like and explain why you need it. You'll have to have secure storage for what you look for also.

Then HOPE your Super is a reasonable person ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

Thanks for that...will have a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sam I Am

WooHoo!
    Got my grant letter today.
    Just under 16 weeks, beginning of May to end of August.
    Happiness is....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

Got my license today for my shotgun - took 4 weeks and they granted 1000 cartridges :D:D:D Happy Days ;)

Advertisement