Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locations of licences received?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

kenneths wrote: »
    just recieved my payment notification today for my first time shotgun.

really must commend the Gardai in my area as it only took 9 working days so really happy with that :D

well i sent in my application for a CZ .22lr and got the payment notification in 4 days :eek::eek:
    i put down 1000 rds and got that,
    and i got the "S" :cool:

as above the Gardai in my area are really fast, efficient and generally good guys!!!

by the way the brother got his first time shotgun license in 3wks too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

got my shotgun licence today, 5 weeks not bad going

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

got my licence this morning for unrestricted shotgun in galway ! only took 4 weeks from the day i gave it to the day i handed it in to the guards to the day it landed on the door step. very good going i thought top marks for the guards on this one!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Cork city

My licence extension expired last April. I applied for my licence renewal in March. Got a phonecall a fortnight ago from local FO asking did I have gun safe and would I mind if he called up to inspect it. I said he had being to the house already as my father has a firearm too. No bother he said - it didn't click with him to check off surname and same address. Payment form arrived last week and paid today. Very strange look off post office lady when i paid it. :eek: Supposed it will be another while before licence itself arrives so gun will stay in safe til then.

At least tis all sorted now anyway :cool:

EDIT - Licence arrived this morning. Now that is a quick turnaround. Less than two days!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Dublin - Terenure

.22 Rifle

12 days from the day I handed in the application form to the grant letter arriving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Now in to my 8th month waiting for my licence for an Accuracy International, promises promises :mad::mad::mad:

Got my 4 other licence in good enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

.22 Rifle certificate granted about 6 weeks after submitting it.
    Applied for 1000 rounds and got a thousand.

The Guards I dealt with were all helpful and informed.

Pistol cert just gone in. Will see what happens.

County Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

Changed my u/o for a semi auto on Tuesday left the forms in the local station and it was processed on Wednesday, garda called me today to tell me it was in the post.

Great stuff.. this system has really taken off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Got the payment notice today, first time shotgun licence, 17 days after submitting it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭blackstairsboy

Took me 10 months to get my shotgun licence renewed which is the norm in Wexford. Funny thing is that it took me only 3 days to be issued a brand new licence for another shotgun. When i was handing in my new application the guard basically laughed at me when I asked him how long to expect to wait to have the license issued. i got the last laugh though :D:D:D Now my only worry is the 160 quid I have to fork out for the licences...

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

The payment notice for mine appeared in 9 working days. :D

The details were wrong and getting it fixed and reissued was quick enough too.

Fast work!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Straffan1979

Renewal of 20 bore S/S and new application for .17 rifle in mid January 2010- north Kildare. Recieved both letters of approval yesterday after being told both applications were lost 3 weeks ago.I'm aware of peolple waiting longer. Not good enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

well i sent in my application for a CZ .22lr and got the payment notification in 4 days :eek::eek:

as above the Gardai in my area are really fast, efficient and generally good guys!!!

jap gt wrote: »
    got my shotgun licence today, 5 weeks not bad going

Through what station(s) in Cork did ye get your licences so quick?
    Hearing from different sources that different stations are longer or shorter waiting then others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

MarkD. wrote: »
    Through what station(s) in Cork did ye get your licences so quick?
    Hearing from different sources that different stations are longer or shorter waiting then others

through kanturk, got my rifle in a month and shotgun in 5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Got shotgun licence today - Dublin Area - almost 4 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Swanner wrote: »
    .22 Rifle certificate granted about 6 weeks after submitting it.
    Applied for 1000 rounds and got a thousand.

The Guards I dealt with were all helpful and informed.

Pistol cert just gone in. Will see what happens.

County Wicklow.
    Pistol licence recieved 4 weeks after applying. Asked for 500 rounds and got 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭theirishguy

got my grant letter for the shotgun this morning, took 5 months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭MarkD.

Got my payment notice today :D 5 weeks and two days, not bad going. Payment sent withing a few minutes of getting the licence, strange looks from the cashier at the post office :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Got my Licence today in the post. Applied 1st November recieved application letter on the 1st of December, Notice letter on the 8th, payed on the 21st.

.22lr with Moderator and 1,000rnds

Malahide Garda station

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭kenneths

Well bought a browning 20g at pat hayes in mallow recently for myself but also so the girlfriend can do some clay shooting :D

i put the application into the local Gardai on Wednesday night (16th)
    he rang me on thursday morning to say bring in a photocopy of my gunclub card so i dropped it into him that evening.
    so to my surprize tuesday morning (22nd) the payment slip arrived :D

HAPPY DAYS!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement