Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brussels 'Home Office' plot to snoop on all of Europe

• 27-10-2009 10:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

There is nothing new with this news, we have all heard of "Project Indect" and "ADAPTS" from recent posts. The UK has been the forerunner in Europe with police surveillance just as Ireland has been on other issues such as the smoking ban and bag Levi.

What better a job for the UK Labour government to do than to advise Brussels on how to roll these tough invasive measures right across the whole of Europe.

According to this article "There would be an increased sharing of British DNA, health and tax records with foreign governments and investigators, as well as the introduction of new Big Brother surveillance techniques". :eek:

2wqh0mw.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1223239/Brussels-Home-Office-plot-snoop-Europe.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭tim0ney

It's another typical Daily Mail article. Sometimes I think those guys want half the country to be bricking it! Now I'm not saying there isn't such a thing as government surveillance, and I do highly value my privacy, but this article is more than a little bit waffle. Like their "analyst", Stephen Booth? Who is he? How does he know anything? Probably some guy working in DM offices.

Privacy is going to become a more important issue as time goes on - sure don't bosses in work check out the facebook pages etc of prospective employees? This is the way things are heading, and the internet might be the biggest way [I'm not too worried about a Garda down the road trying to get my DNA] this will happen.

A good conspiracy theory to have, though, would be "why the hell do the Daily Mail want their readers too scared to leave their homes?". I always take anything I hear from that particular paper with a few pinches of salt. But I think a 1984-style operation is many people's worst fear. It's probably mine.

Advertisement