Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

non resident

• 27-10-2009 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

do you have to pay tax on savings in a country where you do not live any more. and do you pay tax here in ireland after you reach 65, i was told no but is this true. i cant see why people have to pay tax to a country when they are not getting any benefits from there. what is the situation.
    i am quite new on posting so hope i done it right.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 seaduck

if u are an irish resident and domicile, you are liable for irish tax your worldwide income, regardless of your age. that is on interest receive on the savings. if you are irish resident but not domicile, only if you bring in to ireland that you are liable to iriish tax the amount brought. same situation if you are resident, non ordinary resident and irish domicile.
    resident is when you spend more than 183days in ireland. or 250days in previous year + current year
    ordinary resident is when you are resident for 3 years in a row that the 4th year you are ordinary resident.

Advertisement