Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Til Death Us Do Part - a review

Options
  • 27-10-2009 10:24pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey all ,
    I promised some time back to do some reviews , here's the first :

Title : Til Death Us Do Part by Jim Critchlow
    Available from : www.alakazam.co.uk
    Cost : £17.99 (shipping extra)

The plot :
    A tale is told of lost love , death and violence.
    10 wedding photos of happy couples placed in front of spectator , s/he is asked to pass his / her hands over the photos until they are drawn to particular photo. the photo is matched to a predicted photo in the spectator's pocket.

The working : I wont give anything away as regards the method , however the method straight away made me think of twisting this effect to other uses ( cards either of the bicycle type , or the business type) it really is the story which sells the effect. the dvd is a shade over an hour long , but i think spends too much time on different combinations and patter depending on choice.really any (even semi ) professional performer should be able to talk his / her way out of most situations you'll find yourself in with this effect.

Is it worth the money ?
    : to my mind it is , however , i'd be very wary of performing this in front of the same people twice.the gimmicks are very good quality , which is what really make this set worthwhile as I had seen the actual workings of this many years ago on a max maven dvd (which should be all the clues many of you need).however to be honest and as i stated above , i'd be more inclined to make the effect work better with a different script and props. for around €20 ( the exchange rate being quite good right now) you can spend your hard earned in far worse ways , and its and interesting trick in time for hallow'een.
    If you dont have an effect like it at the moment , definitely give it a whirl.

Advertisement