Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geology

Options
  • 27-10-2009 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey just wondering if someone in the course could give me their opinion of it, like what level of maths i would need to be able to deal with? Will be finishing my comp science degree next year and this caught my eye, looks interesting:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

My friends who do it love it but it has the most demanding workload of any science courses. They're rarely out before 10pm and that doesn't include any studying. Only 5 first class honours have ever been awarded in UCD geology. The class are really close though- since they're in all day and night together, and go on lots of trips together too and the course is really interesting.

You don't need good maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

It's a tough four years (two years of Geology, the first two years you're in with all of the science crowd last time I checked). However, there's shit loads of jobs afterwards, if you're willing to travel and work mainly in mining. I actually regret not doing it for my degree because it's such a good course to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Assmaster_Kronk

Thanks for that, not sure what my plan is but i've got a year to decide, four more years is a big commitment:)

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭stop

Hey just wondering if someone in the course could give me their opinion of it, like what level of maths i would need to be able to deal with? Will be finishing my comp science degree next year and this caught my eye, looks interesting:D
    it rocks!

Advertisement