Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to have dinner in UCD?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

peepeep wrote: »
    Thanks for all the replies. I went to the First "restaurant" the other day, which definitely had more choice than the place in the Student Centre. Have to say the food was disgusting though and really expensive. 5.50 for a plate of bad-quality spagetti bolognese or 'creamed brocolli'? I will check out the Elements place next week, though I'm beginning to think I'd be better off having a bag of popcorn and a piece of cheese for dinner. For shame, UCD!

Why is nobody mentioning the SU bar? The food there is great!
    Centre Bar isn't bad either.

The main thing that the main restaurant has going for it is the great light it has - and ample seating.

The Arts Cafe is an odd beast - surprisingly pleasant and open till quite late, but pricey (particularly since it lost its soup stand) and so many of its sandwiches are mayo mayo mayo. Would you like mayo with your mayo mayo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Does Insomnia in Conway/Quinn still serve soup? I used to be a big fan, although they got progressively pricier and stingier with the bread as time went by.

I have to say I liked the Grind despite the loud staff. It's a lot better value than O'Brien's, but it was still cheaper to make my own sandwich.

TBH I'm glad I don't have to put up with Belfield food anymore. Elements is about the best of a bad lot, but even that isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Go to the fast-food restaurant beside the SU centre, get a take-away, and eat it on the steps of the science building. Subsequently discarding the packaging in the lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Go to the fast-food restaurant beside the SU centre, get a take-away, and eat it on the steps of the science building. Subsequently discarding the packaging in the lake.

Fantstic, eat sh1te food and contribute to the problem of our polluted lake. Great advice. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Fantstic, eat sh1te food and contribute to the problem of our polluted lake. Great advice. :rolleyes:

You could eat the tongue in his cheek

• Advertisement

Faux pas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

You could eat the tongue in his cheek

And you could snack on the almost tangible sarcasm in the reply!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Replying to a tongue in cheek statement with a sarcastic remark negates the sarcasm.

Replying to a tongue in cheek statement with a sarcastic remark negates the sarcasm.

I'm sorry my sarcasm didn't follow the sarcasm formula.

Advertisement