Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC coming to Briarhill

Options
  • 27-10-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Finally!
    Looks like they're looking for staff for a store opening "soon"

Here on Fas.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Too late, I don't want it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

jenno86 wrote: »
    Too late, I don't want it now.
    I'll take it so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

About fcukin time!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Anyone else keen on doing a Boards Tour De Junk when it's open?

McDonalds, Supermacs, Burger King, Kentucky and the Charcoal in the one day. With tinnies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »

McDonalds, Supermacs, Burger King, Kentucky and the Charcoal in the one day. With tinnies.

I could just be tempted into that.

I was about to say "No way would they put a KFC out in Briarhill" but then remembered that the KFC in Sligo is way out of the town.

OT: I had a KFC today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Robbo wrote: »

How about you put a shirt on Randy?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cathal01

KFC is simply vile. Now that we have Pizza Hut,Burger King and KFC I hope all the obese board members will stop whining about what scumbag fast food corp. they are just dying to have roll into town next......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Cathal01 wrote: »
    KFC is simply vile. Now that we have Pizza Hut,Burger King and KFC I hope all the obese board members will stop whining about what scumbag fast food corp. they are just dying to have roll into town next......

We will, thanks for the kind words A-hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Where is Briarhill? KFC is not real food by the way. Before eating there check out http://www.reyond.50megs.com/kfc.htm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

mike kelly wrote: »
    Where is Briarhill? KFC is not real food by the way. Before eating there check out http://www.reyond.50megs.com/kfc.htm

Hahaha, hope people do read your link and not just your comment :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

KFC is simply vile. Now that we have Pizza Hut,Burger King and KFC I hope all the _______ board members will stop whining about what scumbag fast food corp. they are just dying to have roll into town next......

Have to agree, I can't understand the fascination with cheap crap fastfood providers that is consistently shown on this forum.

Apologies to all the converted but frankly, I couldn't care less what brand of Mc****es roll into town :D

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

672057847_d7e732a00f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hehe I love those whacky sites..Honestly though if you want to know how chicken is farmed in the states then watch the movie "Food Inc" it's pretty depressing stuff but at least it's based on fact, not some random website.

Also European food safety laws are alot more stringent than in the states.

And I do love my Zinger Burgers mmmm I'd be happy if they replaced all the other fast food places in the town (bar charcoal grill) with KFC..

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

-puts down chicken drumstick-

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/kfc.asp

-goes back to chowing down on megabigass bucket-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

But now what?
    Are our fast foods desires fulfiled?
    No I say!
    Where is Galway's TGI Fridays!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

Lets not forget Hell's Pizza, and Wendy's Heart Attack!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

There's a pizza hut in Galway:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

dloob wrote: »
    But now what?

An extension to the coronary care building at University College Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

There's a pizza hut in Galway:confused:

On Sea Road where Godfathers used to be I think.

How do copious amounts of fast food joints manage to saturate the market but we still don't have sushi*?

Galway is a gastronomic glory hole.

*Chicken/Smoked Salmon/Egg Rolls from the market don't count.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Thanks asshat, you're really cool!

Thanks asshat, you're really cool!

There's nothing uncool about slating either fast food companies or the ignorance of people who drag themselves off their couch, lift their rolls of fat and wheeze & fart their way to the nearest fast food joint to give those a$$holes their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

dafunk wrote: »
    There's nothing uncool about slating either fast food companies or the ignorance of people who drag themselves off their couch, lift their rolls of fat and wheeze & fart their way to the nearest fast food joint to give those a$$holes their money.

My couch, my rolls of fat, my wheeze, my fart & my money & i'll do what i like with it thanks very much.

After tgifridays can we have a Hard Rock Cafe thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

xtradel wrote: »

After tgifridays can we have a Hard Rock Cafe thanks :)

Sure no problem....... would you like a side order of Hooters with that?

lmao :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

mikom wrote: »
    Sure no problem....... would you like a side order of Hooters with that?

Hummm, maybe a drop of planet hollywood with that sir?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Great, they couldnt have put it closer to my house if they tried. This is not going to work out well for my already clogged arteries!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Where is Briarhill?

Sure its only walking distance from town....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Ah now, the "fatties" won't want to be walking that far (get the no.9 ;) )....or...am i playing on the general ignorance of the posters within this thread....hard to prove either which way...

Lump it or love it whingers, kfc is coming to galway...one thing is for sure, no one is forced into going there and we've plenty of proper restaurants to go to, so you can get fat elsewhere if that appeases your superiority complex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

dafunk wrote: »
    How do copious amounts of fast food joints manage to saturate the market but we still don't have sushi*?

2 Japanese places in the city that do sushi.

One's between Dock st. and Merchant's can't remember exactly where the other one is. (But i think it is around there too anyway)

Advertisement