Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC coming to Briarhill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭not bakunin

so some people just want to see lovely Galway turned into some sort of generic american sub-town...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

When will it be open? The only fast food I eat is KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

hmmm wonder if they'll do deliveries...

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

would ye go to kfc everyday? oh and briarhill is where briarhill dunns is:D. why would ye want to come out all that way for kfc? theres plenty fast food in city. saw a little mouse skuttling cross the road the other day;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

*crosses fingers for Dunnes Briarhill Discount*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

I hope it will be a drive though type of operation, there is quite a big client base there at Briarhill with parkmore and the factories across the road and large housing estates behind so I can see it doing pretty well, also the traffic to and from Galway in the morning will be passing by so plenty of people passing. Some people might object to it but its more jobs for the city and that can only be a good thing, fast food or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

Hopefully it will have decent opening hours. I live only 5 min walk from the Clayton so it would be great to be able to have a few pints there & then stroll across to kfc. I dunno bout the rest of ye but i've yet to call into Burger King because their opening hours dont suit my drinking hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,492 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Another fast food outlet??

Not my scene unless I'm drunk tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

mike kelly wrote: »
    Where is Briarhill?

The map at the bottom of this page shows where it is. I understand that KFC (including drive-thru) will be part of the shopping complex (1 on the map), but am not sure where exactly.

(Yes, the page is still kinda ugly ... am thinking how to make it look better!)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭xtradel

JustMary wrote: »

(Yes, the page is still kinda ugly ... am thinking how to make it look better!)

Stick in a KFC :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

Just seen this KFC makes Sky News :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Mactard wrote: »
    Hahaha, hope people do read your link and not just your comment :D

Brilliant! fair play for putting this in, I would probably have skipped on past it as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

fifib wrote: »
    Just seen this KFC makes Sky News :eek:

that's nothing new, KFC probably have the worst reputation for health and safety of the big fast food franchises. Anyone remember the KFC in Ballyshannon in Donegal? Possibly the worst fast food joint i was ever in.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

It is amusing to see some peoples excitement about KFC coming to Galway but what's more amusing is some peoples horror and disgust.

It's just a restaurant.

EDIT: I should say I do like KFC. But when it opens I probably will go to it maybe once a year. At least the option will be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Anyone know where exactly KFC will be and if they have started building it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

I know the search function was down for a while, but this isn't the first KFC thread on this forum, so to sum it up by shouting:

KFC DRIVE-THRU AND TWO STOREY RESTAURANT IS OPENING IN BRIARHILL SHOPPING CENTRE IN APRIL.

Twas in de paper about two months ago, I don't have a link. Maybe all the MSG in junk food has gone to the brains of boardsies making them forget stuff and keep posting the same questions and replies over and over again! :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

soundbyte wrote: »
    I know the search function was down for a while, but this isn't the first KFC thread on this forum, so to sum it up by shouting:

KFC DRIVE-THRU AND TWO STOREY RESTAURANT IS OPENING IN BRIARHILL SHOPPING CENTRE IN APRIL.

Twas in de paper about two months ago, I don't have a link. Maybe all the MSG in junk food has gone to the brains of boardsies making them forget stuff and keep posting the same questions and replies over and over again! :pac: :pac:

The very first post says KFC is opening in Briarhill. Might want to ease off the MSG yourself...:pac: Your shouting is unnecessary, we know KFC are opening.
    Anyways, woohoo for KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Was replying to KevR's question and the fact nobody seems to be arsed using the search function. Couldn't quote KevR cos im posting off a mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Forgive me if the answer to my question has been posted before (I don't think it has by the way).

I just thought that since they are advertising for jobs, they might have actually started building it. Have they?

And I was also wondering if anyone knows exactly it will be. Briarhill is a bit general. I know Briarhill Shopping Centre was mentioned but, to be honest, I don't know exactly where that is. Is it where Dunnes Stores is or over near Lidl?

In my opinion, some people are taking way too much offence over the fact that KFC is coming to Galway and the fact some people are glad that it is.

KevR wrote: »
    And I was also wondering if anyone knows exactly it will be. Briarhill is a bit general. I know Briarhill Shopping Centre was mentioned but, to be honest, I don't know exactly where that is. Is it where Dunnes Stores is or over near Lidl?

Briarhill Shopping Centre is the thing with Dunnes in it.

Merlin Wood Business Park/Industrial Estate (sorry, can't remember which it is officially) is the thing with Lidl in it.

I haven't searched the city council's planning website (which has full text of every document you've ever imagined), so am not sure which precise bit of land it's going on. But I'm sure the answer is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Jack Daniels I

heard they were opening in briarhill a couple of months back.heard nothing since..anyone know anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭mumto3

I thought they were to go in where abrakababra was in eyr sq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

mumto3 wrote: »
    I thought they were to go in where abrakababra was in eyr sq

I thought it was Briarhill myself. Think it's either March or April that it's opening

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

There were jon posts on Irishjobs a while back for positions in KFC and also a mention of next April

Briarhill is the place too, not eyre sq

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with last thread on the subject.
    Tbh, I can't see the excitement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mikebites

I would take hot Irish spuds with a hint of garlic butter, freshly steamed brussels sprout and beans anyday over junk food like McD, BK or KFC. Get some fresh fish from the fish mongers. Irish people are blessed with the rain and the freshness of vegetable which should be appreciated.

I used to eat a whole lot of junk food and had lots of coke, while I was in US and got my triglyceride high. I don't want anyone else to go through the same. Now to control my triglyceride I can't take sips of Jameson anymore and can't drink any sweetened juice. Red meat is also restricted for me. So, I get to eat fresh Irish lambs only once a month.

So please don't get your cholesterol or triglyceride high. It's not worth. Use your local resources to keep yourself healthy, save some money and support the local business.

Also, KFC cruelty is quite known,

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/w-wh…
    http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/u-un…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

mikebites wrote: »
    I would take hot Irish spuds with a hint of garlic butter, freshly steamed brussels sprout and beans anyday over junk food like McD, BK or KFC. Get some fresh fish from the fish mongers. Irish people are blessed with the rain and the freshness of vegetable which should be appreciated.

I used to eat a whole lot of junk food and had lots of coke, while I was in US and got my triglyceride high. I don't want anyone else to go through the same. Now to control my triglyceride I can't take sips of Jameson anymore and can't drink any sweetened juice. Red meat is also restricted for me. So, I get to eat fresh Irish lambs only once a month.

So please don't get your cholesterol or triglyceride high. It's not worth. Use your local resources to keep yourself healthy, save some money and support the local business.

Also, KFC cruelty is quite known,

http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/w-wh…
    http://www.kentuckyfriedcruelty.com/u-un…

There's two types of people on this planet...those that like Animaniacs and those that don't Animaniacs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mikebites

That's true. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience.

mikebites wrote: »
    Irish people are blessed with the rain and the freshness of vegetable which should be appreciated.

Ahh, I'm sure there are a few at the moment who don't quite see the rain as a "blessing".

It's quite funny, I was warned when I came here that the supposedly "fresh" vegetables here ain't as fresh as I would be used to, and that I should consider taking a multi-vitamin suppliment. And looking at what's in the shops, a lot seems to come from Spain :-( 'Tis still better than Kentucy Fried Rat, though, IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

They have the foundations dug for the building now. In a few months time you'll be able to get KFC goodness (or badness depending on your outlook!)

Advertisement