Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KFC coming to Briarhill

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Galway is nearly complete, now that a KFC is on the way... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Galway is nearly complete, now that a KFC is on the way... :rolleyes:

I get that was sarcasm and all but I think it will be good to have a bit of choice for fried chicken. Don't like Kettle Of Fish for it or McDonaghs. Supermacs was the only choice really until they get here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I hope they'll deliver.
    I'd love to try KFC but I'm not going out to Briar Hill for it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

I hope they deliver too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭the keen edge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVxv7PPGZqg sayin that a bucket wud go down well now

Thank's for the link. I know its not breaking news and probably typical of chicken production, but watching it would really make you think twice about going for a bucket. Awful cruelty, real bad karma!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Ain't no Wendy's though;

71%20Wendy%20Be%20Ballin_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

So whens it actually opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Thank's for the link. I know its not breaking news and probably typical of chicken production, but watching it would really make you think twice about going for a bucket. Awful cruelty, real bad karma!

Actually if you watch the Movie/Documentary 'Food Inc' nearly all meat products in the US is produced exactly the same as this. Thankfully European Food safety laws are much better on this side of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Thankfully European Food safety laws are much better on this side of the world.

Yes, European Food Safety laws tend to work better in Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

FYI, they've taken down all the scaffolding and so it looks like the exterior is completed. I guess they just have to put the interior in which means it should be completed mid May or earlier, depending on how fast they work...

Mr Xiney is very excited :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

KFC was utter cack when it was last in Galway......around where supermacs is in salthill. I won't be checking it out in the new place. Pat Grace died last year, is that why they are suddenly back in Galway again ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I don't think KFC was ever in Galway previously...I think you're thinking of the Wimpy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Thats who it was :D And me bearing a grudge against KFC all those years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭nachoman

I've never understood why kfc don't do breakfasts in the morning, surely there's a niche market for them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Thats who it was :D And me bearing a grudge against KFC all those years :D

Haha, you're liberated now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

if the service is as ****ing dire slow as it has been in every kfc i've ever been at, it'll be ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

give KFC a break, ye are bashing it even before it opens. im hungery now:D

bleh, KFC, cheapest water filled processed chicken available, dipped in an ungodly mix of flour and crap and fried until it tastes like your licking a frying pan

*shivvers*

I can think of better things to spend my money on

Seriously, you folks should try doing your own chicken, tastes a thousand times better

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Is it just American fast food places people on this are so opposed to?...we are inundated with Supermacs all over the place, there isn't much Supermacs bashing going on. Theres some fascination with Charcoal grill and McDonaghs round this town too that I just don't get! They are so bland to me.

Whats the big deal with a KFC and Burger King opening. It gives people more options when they feel like having bad food and they create jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Whats the big deal with a KFC and Burger King opening. It gives people more options when they feel like having bad food and they create jobs
    Each to their own, but IMO, Supermacs is much closer to what I'd call "food" than KFC and BK ever was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭spender.j

Each to their own, but IMO, Supermacs is much closer to what I'd call "food" than KFC and BK ever was.

Absolutely! Snackbox = best take-away meal ever, Supermacs chips are the best also!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Ain't no Wendy's though;

71%20Wendy%20Be%20Ballin_thumb.jpg

Wendys was ballin when i was in america anyways, ont thing that freaks me out though:

wendys_burger_baconator_canada.jpg

Their burgers are square!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Their burgers are square!

:eek:

Reminds me of Scottish sausage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    :eek:

Reminds me of Scottish sausage

That's what she said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭[-0-]

I can't stand Supermacs. It's cheap horrible food. BK is the mutt's nuts. Give me a whopper meal over a mightymac meal any day!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

TBF supermacs is rank. Those bloody soggy crappy chips. Ick.

WHEN IS THIS BLOODY PLACE OPENING?

Advertisement