Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the LCD screen keeps flashing on my 580EX

• 27-10-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I am having a problem with my 580EX flash. It just won't stop blinking ; I have replaced the batteries and that still hasn't fixed the issue.

I checked the manual and there is a section which tells you that this problem happens when you apply the wide-panel down.

I put this back up but I'm having the same problem. Has anyone ever had this problem and let me know how you fixed it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Try adjusting the head up a couple of mm, its something to do with close up shooting using flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

when you say adjust the head; do you mean the angle?

I've tried at different angles and I'm having the same problem

okay it's stopped blinking when I don't use bounce flash; When using bounce flash and angling the flash-head, I get the blinking problem

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭simonp1

Sorry yea the angle, on the exii for instance, if the head is completely down the flash icon on the lcd flashes continuously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

...or if you have the built in diffuser down...

• Advertisement

I have tried messing with the built in diffuser ; putting it up and down. I think the flash is broken. Guessing that the connection with the built in diffuser is always on and it always thinks that the wide panel is always active.

Anyone know where these can be repaired?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 diamondphoto

Try contacting Conns Cameras, they might be able to point you in the right direction. I don't think there is a Canon repair in Ireland. There is a shop somewhere at the back of DIT Kevin St, the name escapes me but they are the official reps for Canon. I remember this as I had to drop my 500/4 in there for repair, but as far as I know they send them to the UK.

Conns should point you in the right direction or even handle it themselves.

Best of luck

Fergul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

Its because the diffuser at the top of the flash is out slightly. Just push it back down and it will be ok - honest guv!! :D;)

Its because the diffuser at the top of the flash is out slightly. Just push it back down and it will be ok - honest guv!! :D;)

What he said. I had the same problem for weeks till I copped that one..

If that doesn't work and you really think its buggered, Image Supply Systems are the reps Diamond mentioned - 01-4782520

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 diamondphoto

sineadw wrote: »
    Image Supply Systems are the reps Diamond mentioned - 01-4782520

Bingo!!!!! :D

Thanks Sinead!!

Fergul :cool:

• Advertisement

Genius!! I pushed real hard until I heard it pop back into place.

Thanks so much, I owe you one

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

swingking wrote: »

Thanks so much

My pleasure :D

swingking wrote: »

Thanks so much, I owe you one

:)

\0/

Exact same thing happened to me! :D

Advertisement