Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what limerick city bus do i get to mary i??

Options
  • 27-10-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

hello im from cork but im travelling to limerick for halloween... the thing is once i get dropped at the bus station , i wont know what bus to get to my friends house. she lives on alandale orchard, over by mary i.. but can anyone tell me what bus i should get, on what street etc... i just need that and then i can use google maps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Can your friend not just meet you at the station. It is not far from Mary I in fairness. You can't get a bus from the station anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Mary Dry is really not far from the station, and what with the one-ways around the college you'd be better off walking imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Go to Brown Thomas on O'Connell St. Get the Raheen bus (304,308), get off at Punches cross(Punches bar/hotel will be on your right just after a set of traffic lights, thats your stop). Walk across the road past Punches and it will be down on your right at a little roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You would do better just to get a taxi from the rank outside the station .

I know that the Cork to Limerick bus sometimes comes in by the Crescent Shopping centre and turns off at Punches cross to go to the station, if it does that you could get off at Punches Cross and you are only a five minute walk from Alandale from there. Maybe ask the driver if he is going on this route when you get on the bus.

As for getting a bus from the station to Alandale, the best you could do there is walk to O' Connell Street (which is bacically come out of the front gate of the station and go in a straight line until you hit the main street and then get any bus marked "Raheen" to Punches Cross, where you will still have your five minute walk to Alandale.

All in all I think the taxi would be your best shot.

Plus if you arrive after dark, at least you won't get egged in the taxi. :D

Either way have a great halloween whilst you are here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Kess73 wrote: »
    You would do better just to get a taxi from the rank outside the station .

I know that the Cork to Limerick bus sometimes comes in by the Crescent Shopping centre and turns off at Punches cross to go to the station, if it does that you could get off at Punches Cross and you are only a five minute walk from Alandale from there. Maybe ask the driver if he is going on this route when you get on the bus.

As for getting a bus from the station to Alandale, the best you could do there is walk to O' Connell Street (which is bacically come out of the front gate of the station and go in a straight line until you hit the main street and then get any bus marked "Raheen" to Punches Cross, where you will still have your five minute walk to Alandale.

All in all I think the taxi would be your best shot.

Plus if you arrive after dark, at least you won't get egged in the taxi. :D

Either way have a great halloween whilst you are here.

+1

As kess said go with the taxi it's by far the easiest option. The rank is right outside the station.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 mrets

ok thanks iv decided i wont bother with the bus ..i would walk but iv lots of bags so taxi it is... even though i feel like im cheating;) im a sucker for maps and indiana jones style things you see..

thanks though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

mud wrote: »
    Mary Dry is really not far from the station, and what with the one-ways around the college you'd be better off walking imo

It is far from Dry. I could tell you some a lot of stories about the students antics that would put Amsterdam Nights to shame.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Melion wrote: »
    Go to Brown Thomas on O'Connell St. Get the Raheen bus (304,308), get off at Punches cross(Punches bar/hotel will be on your right just after a set of traffic lights, thats your stop). Walk across the road past Punches and it will be down on your right at a little roundabout.

It would be pointless going all the way to BT if she is coming from the station, she could nearly get to alandale by the time she got to BT with all the bags

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It would be pointless going all the way to BT if she is coming from the station, she could nearly get to alandale by the time she got to BT with all the bags

That is the only bus-stop servicing that particular side of town, which is what the OP asked for.
    Not that it really matters at this stage, what with her deciding to get a taxi instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

An File wrote: »
    That is the only bus-stop servicing that particular side of town, which is what the OP asked for.
    Not that it really matters at this stage, what with her deciding to get a taxi instead...

No it's not, there's a stop in The Crescent, and there's a stop outside the model school on O'Connell Ave, both much easier to reach from the train station than BT, which is the starting/ending point for this bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

foinse wrote: »
    No it's not, there's a stop in The Crescent, and there's a stop outside the model school on O'Connell Ave, both much easier to reach from the train station than BT, which is the starting/ending point for this bus.

The 304 route is a bit of a magical mystery tour to be honest. sometimes it will go down o'connell avenue, other times it will go down edward street, and other times it will go down hyde road. waiting for it at the crescent is a bit of a lottery as sometimes it will stop and other times it will not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

The 304 route is a bit of a magical mystery tour to be honest. sometimes it will go down o'connell avenue, other times it will go down edward street, and other times it will go down hyde road. waiting for it at the crescent is a bit of a lottery as sometimes it will stop and other times it will not.

You see the 304 actually covers 2 routes, city centre- raheen and city centre- greenfields this is why you have experienced what you've posted, the raheen route passes through the crescent. I live on scr and have never had a problem with this bus when I've had to take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭GO'S

An File wrote: »

theres also a stop at o'connell monument

Advertisement