Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blazblue tourney in Belfast next Monday

• 28-10-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

I've just been told by Vyze (who won the BB tourney at Dramatic Battle) that next Monday evening (not sure yet exactly what time) there'll be a Blazblue tourney at Serenity Games on Botanic Avenue (about a five-minute walk from where DB and our RBs are held), and this time it'll be for cash prizes.

More details as I get them, but in the meantime, GET HYPE!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd love to, but... I've been playing so much SFIV, I forgot to train in BB.
    Like.
    AT ALL.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

:( Definitely not making it to Belfast on a weeknight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Hmm, it seems unlikely that we'll get anyone from down south now but here are the details anyway, as promised:
    Just posting to let people know about a BlazBlue tournament that Serenity Games in Belfast are going to be running on Monday, 2nd November.
    http://maps.google.co.uk/places/gb/belfast/botanic-ave/46/-serenity-games

£3 entry fee, I think all of that is going towards the prize pot on the condition that people don't bring food and drinks in and instead buy stuff from the counter (it's a proper cash prize tournament in Belfast, so it's certainly worth supporting the store via snackage) Prize split is 60/30/10 for the top 3. Best to bring your own stick/pad too just to be sure you've got one, though I'm sure people will be happy to let you borrow theirs if need be. Format is PS3.

It's groups into double-elim, best 2 of 3 for the knockout stage. Also, not that it should make a difference, but I'm not 100% certain console-specific Astrals are unlocked on one of the setups, so just assume that only arcade Astrals are available.

The BlazBlue scene in NI is still pretty young so the prize money is totally up for grabs, so there's really no reason not to enter unless you hate fun!
    And remember that the more people that enter, the bigger the prize pot, so make sure to bring along some friends.

http://neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7056

EDIT: It'll start at 7pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Excellent. Posted on eSports.ie - thanks for keeping us informed!

If there are results / photos floating about after I'd be delighted to be let know too...

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Results:

1. Vyze (Nu-13)
    2. Yreval (Tager)
    3. Inferis (Hakumen)
    4. Tsukiko-chan (Taokaka)
    =5. Green Liquid (Noel/Jin)
    =5. mr_kyle (Tager)

I played terribly in my group (Vyze/Yreval/Green Liquid), only just scraping through, but I went on to finish second and make a profit from the tourney (won £5; entry was £3) so I can't complain too much.

Also

- this tourney may become a weekly occurrence
    - there are tentative plans to hold a tourney called "Mega Hype Concerto" at the same venue sometime before Christmas - it is likely to feature BB, T6 and SF4.

• Advertisement
Advertisement