Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTW itinery check

• 28-10-2009 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, just wondering if you would have a look over this and tell me what you think, its just a rough plan at the mo so the dates can and will change im sure:

12th june 2010 - depart london

12th - 17th - L.A

17th - 14th july - Tahiti

14th - 19th - Auckland

19th - 24th - Christchurch

24th - 29th - Sydney

29th - 3rd Aug - Hong Kong

Arrive London.

Well?? As you can see id like to spend the vast majority chilling in the pacific and i can only get 8 weeks off work (possibly 9 at a push). I know its not ideal to be spending such a short amount of time in each place but its the best i can manage!

oh and i have like 4 spare days to throw in their to make the 8 weeks up but i dont know where to spend them!?

Appreciate any advice guys thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Well it's not something i would do but if that's all you have off and really when go to those places then go for it. A month in Tahiti though? I spent a week there for a wedding and i was bored. Unless you are planning on traveling around the society islands or somoa or something. Also remember that you will cross the international date line. So it will be the 15th or 16th depending on time of your flight when you arrive in New Zealand. Not the 14th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭macca1983

king-stew wrote: »
    Hi folks, just wondering if you would have a look over this and tell me what you think, its just a rough plan at the mo so the dates can and will change im sure:

12th june 2010 - depart london

12th - 17th - L.A

17th - 14th july - Tahiti

14th - 19th - Auckland

19th - 24th - Christchurch

24th - 29th - Sydney

29th - 3rd Aug - Hong Kong

Arrive London.

Well?? As you can see id like to spend the vast majority chilling in the pacific and i can only get 8 weeks off work (possibly 9 at a push). I know its not ideal to be spending such a short amount of time in each place but its the best i can manage!

oh and i have like 4 spare days to throw in their to make the 8 weeks up but i dont know where to spend them!?

Appreciate any advice guys thanks! :)

Start all over again! I don't like the look of that at all! Only joking!

I presume you realise NZ and Aus are going to be bollix cold.

A month in Tahiti? Maybe spend a bit more time in California i would be thinking is a bit better - only a suggestion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

I dunno man. Looks like you'll just be non-stop flying around the world. I don't really see the point in going all the way to NZ just to spend a couple of days in Auckland and Christchurch. So many of your days will be spent recovering form flights. I think you should really consider dropping Tahiti or at least drastically reducing the time spent there.

Are you dead set on going on those dates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Thanks for replies so far folks.

No those exact dates are very flexible but the route isnt as its a RTW ticket: http://www.roundtheworldflights.com/anzoffer1.aspx

The thing is Tahiti is the big one, thats the place thats number 1 and to be honest it would be just nice to see the rest but im not overly bothered. It was a case of wanting to visit french polynesia and the cheapest way of doing it was by RTW ticket so i thought why not, ill get to take in some different cities on the way. The thing about flying is that the longest flight will prob be what, 10 hours? and i think i can recover from that quite fast, the rest of the flights i would imagine would be shorter? yeah i know NZ and OZ will be cold unfortunately :(

The thing about spending more time in cali is a financial issue moreso than anything!

If Tahiti wasnt a must then i could set the dates better but it is the focus of the whole trip really! i prob should have said that first sorry! :P

Any more suggestions guys? appreiciate all the advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭NoQuarter

Just a last attempt to get more views and opinions! Thanks to all input so far! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement