Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Radio parody songs

Options
  • 28-10-2009 12:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I forget which station did these, but a few years back I used to listen to the radion while working my one morning a week (hey - I'm not lazy, I just usually worked afternoons and nights!) and one of the Cork stations played parody songs. For these they took famous songs and made them about Cork places.

The two I remember are:

Boom, Boom, Shake-shake Macroom!
    Kinsale in the Membrane

Does anyone else remember these, and does anyone know where I could listen to them?

Mp3's would also be excellent!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

I'm Mick McCarthy's baby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Check out the red fm website! I heard it in the morning from the 2 guys who present it, kc and lenny.

[URL="gopher://86.43.88.90/s/Downloads/Music/starchaser_langer.mp3"]gopher://86.43.88.90/s/Downloads/Music/starchaser_langer.mp3[/URL]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

magicianz - Heard it recently?

No sign of them there, but it sounds like the right place alright. I didn't want to guess at station/presenters in case I was wrong and unintentionally threw people of the scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

"Mallafornia" was a decent parody of the 2pac song on 96fm. There was a "Charleville" one too that was awful.

• Advertisement

Illkillya wrote: »
    "Mallafornia" was a decent parody of the 2pac song on 96fm. There was a "Charleville" one too that was awful.

u have an mp3 of that?

its that ****hole ........... on the way to limerick

Advertisement