Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Large Prints, how much does it cost?

• 28-10-2009 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, i was in Africa a year ago and i have a picture i took of cape town harbour, which i want to blow up to poster size to put in my room, anyone know how much it is to get this done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

firstly

it depends how big you mean by poster

A3 - A2 - A1 - A0 60*40 inches or even 100*60 inches

secondly, depends what you shot the picture on as to how big it might go

give me a shout i can help you though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Hi ps3man,

we print an A1 (841mmx594mm) <snip>
    Or 594mm wide by any length <snip>
    (photo quality silk or gloss on an epson 7880 using K3 archival inks)

24" long test print included free with larger sizes.
    We're out in Balbriggan but can post tubes if required.

I recently did some A0 type size prints for one of the guys here

one of the things he found was apart from the difference in quality between my prints and another company (who do posters) was that i then could mount it and laminate it etc for him, which ment he had a decent piece finished ready to basically put on the wall

it kinda depends on what you want and what level of quality of both paper and ink use

there are cheap lightweight papers up to very nice fine art papers that you would not believe how much they cost

there are cheap lightweight papers up to very nice fine art papers that you would not believe how much they cost

this is true... we print on hahnemuhle german etching when we are running prints for a local fine art gallery (who expertly do all our mounting and framing)... a bit more expensive than our usual stocks (epson or mitsubushi for the budget runs) but it looks the part and has great archival properties.

how you find the mitsubushi stuff, thats the stuff from realt. I found it a nightmare with the K3 inks

german etching is nice, but the best one for photo type stuff is the photorag pearl

• Advertisement

Yeah, pat reilly is a demon for the talk!
    what problem were you having with the inks?
    we use it for posters etc, runs very happily... is it a colour profiling issue that you're having problems with?

apologies to ps3man for threadnapping!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Get a room print nerds!

;)

nerd... moi??!!!?

4052000747_8e14614884_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

This ia all very interesting I'm sure but what about the original question? Loads of chat but no prices! I for one would like to know what the costs of all thses A0s and A1s etc that ye are talking about.

BTW I wouldn't consider quoting prices as marketing, just giving us the facts. The whole thread is way off topic otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭ps3man

Valentia wrote: »
    This ia all very interesting I'm sure but what about the original question? Loads of chat but no prices! I for one would like to know what the costs of all thses A0s and A1s etc that ye are talking about.

BTW I wouldn't consider quoting prices as marketing, just giving us the facts. The whole thread is way off topic otherwise.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I don't think it's Stcstc nor Minikins choice whether they put up prices or not, Danny :)

Loads of chat but no prices!

um... i did put up an exact price... didn't I?
    (it's been snipped for some reason... I didn't put any contact details up... I was just stating what we charge, as asked)

now I'm ag confusiactha!

so to answer the o.p.s question in a non rule breaking way: we charge X for an A1, where X=3xY/2.
    If you want to know what Y is then p.m. me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

It's interesting that it seems anyone can post a comment such as Aldi are offering this at such at such a price or Snapfish have 50% off posters this week, but local guys cant' answer a question. Surely all these threads should be banned / snipped or none :confused:

They are not generally touting their business and anyone is free to contribute "I can get that cheaper/better/faster at xyz" on the same thread. In these difficult times it would be good to see a little support for the small local business imo.

all my prices are in my pricelist on mywebsite, in the downloads section, its a PDF you can download

i gave up trying to put prices here as got my fingers rapped

anyway

covey your right it WOULD be nice for people to support local small businesses

actually one thing i just thought, make sure when your comparing prices for prints, you are comparing like with like

I had someone the other day who found a company in the uk that could do big posters very cheap, but when compared with mine he chose mine

the kind of paper you use also has a huge impact on the life of a print. some of those cheap papers dont last any time at all and are fine for posters for bands etc, where they only need to last a few month max, but if its ment to be a photo to hang on the wall pay to have it done properly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

For what it's worth, I had a photo enlarged to 30"x20" by stcstc (http://www.360-dpi.com) recently - €26.40 plus postage - and the quality was superb.

You can get prints done cheaper I'm sure but I like the comfort factor of knowing that when Stephen does the printing you can be sure of optimum quality.

Regards,

Couldn't agree more with the last two posts... be wary of anyone who isn't using properly profiled systems, isn't pedantic about quality control, isn't passionate about printing or photography, doesn't offer a no-quibbles reprint service if you're not delighted with the results!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I never knew we were so close to reads pricewise, we'll have to look at putting up prices in the new year :)

Advertisement