Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Storing what's been recorded off a sky box?

• 28-10-2009 2:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    My dad was asking me today whether there's any way he is able to keep things that he has recorded off Sky. So if he's running out of storage space on the box itself is there any way he can copy these things to DVD or some other sort of back up?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭M00lers

A DVD recorder would be the easiest option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Would anyone know if there would be any trouble recording from a sky+ box to this model: http://www.sony.lv/product/dvd-recorder/rdrhx720s.ec2

About to buy it off someone on the basis it will work with sky +

I'm not sure what to look out for in the descriptions so any help would be appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭kevpatts

Hey Corm,

That'll work. Get a decent Scart cable to connect them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks a lot Kev :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Isaacunt

Then what`s the point in the USB on the front?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

Then what`s the point in the USB on the front?

Its never worked , its always been tagged by Sky as "for future use " along with the network port and as far as I know there are no plans to activate them any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Isaacunt

andy1249 wrote: »
    Its never worked , its always been tagged by Sky as "for future use " along with the network port and as far as I know there are no plans to activate them any time soon.

Shower of backsters, all the money I`m forking out to watch the ****e that they have and I cant save some of the ****e for later complaining, lol:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

The network port is for sky anytime vod (video on demand), but it will probably be a while before it is live in Ireland yet, especially given our expensive and slow broadband. The USB port makes a handy ipod charging point as the sky box is always on, about the only use I know for it really!

Advertisement