Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Seymour: Raiders couldn't beat a high school team

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Haters wait and see.

Bring on West Oakland Junior High.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Karlusss wrote: »
    Haters wait and see.

Quoted so I can come back to this thread. :D:D:D

Haters wait and see.

12-14 year old kids in Tennessee haha :D

So Out of interest I googled Oakland High Schools and found:

Oakland High School Wildcats so Mr Seymour give them a bell they might be interested in handing your Raiders an Ass whooping :D:D:D

Or maybe you want to try out the Bulldogs at Oakland Tech High School.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Sorry tallaght its tough for us as we dont have Master Cheat Bill Belichick at the helm.

I think the philadelphia eagles are just a tad better than than any high school team. On Any Given Sunday.

Sorry tallaght its tough for us as we dont have Master Cheat Bill Belichick at the helm.

I think the philadelphia eagles are just a tad better than than any high school team. On Any Given Sunday.

Wow get off your high horse already will you. You have absolutely no sense of humour do you? We are responding to what Seymour said and having a bit of fun. And you have to take your sour grapes and throw them out of the pram again eh?

• Advertisement

ha thats rich you of all people telling someone else to get off their high horse. i have heard it all now.

ha thats rich you of all people telling someone else to get off their high horse. i have heard it all now.

Please you lack the ability of humour and again take a light hearted thread and jump of the Raiders defensive wagon for all the wrong reasons. Im all for defending my team when someone says something bad. But come on Seymour left himself open to jokes galore what did you expect. Grow a sense of humour already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Wow get off your high horse already will you. You have absolutely no sense of humour do you? We are responding to what Seymour said and having a bit of fun. And you have to take your sour grapes and throw them out of the pram again eh?

Hang on, so it's okay to make fun of the Raiders but once we poke fun at you're precious cheatriots team you get your knickers in a twists? Hypocritical much?

sorry i dont enjoy laughing and joking about my team it has nothing to do with humour at all why would i want to laugh at my team?

Hang on, so it's okay to make fun of the Raiders put once we poke fun at you're precious cheatriots teams you get your knickers in a twists? Hypocritical much?

You can take the piss out of the patriots all you want thats fair enough but its clear by his post he was being all defensive about it and thought I was taking a jab rather than light hearted banter. More sour grapes than joking on his part. The cheats thing has been done to death and to be honest doesnt bother me.

• Advertisement

It never seems lighthearted coming from you the high and mighty patriot all knowing NFL lord. Of course the cheating thing doesnt bother patrirat fans!

It never seems lighthearted coming from you the high and mighty patriot all knowing NFL lord. Of course the cheating thing doesnt bother patrirat fans!

See now you are starting to take it all personal and again showing your true colours. Look Headhunter my posts were in gest of goodwilled banter but if you want to go down the road of taking jabs at each other thats fine but count me out. Its not the first time on this board we have butt heads but you wont drag me with you this time sorry dude. You obviously cant seem to draw a line between banter and personal.

Oh and for the record I have never said anything bad about the Raiders other than the fact I dont like Al Davis. In fact I liked the Raiders as an Organisation and have said that many a time on here. So headhunter grow up.

I amn't trying to get personal. i am extremely passionate about the Raiders and dont take kindly to people mocking them. There is nothing wrong with an experienced vet predicting playoffs to try and motivate the rest of the team and he shouldnt be mocked for it considering we have one of the most talented teams in the league we just havent put it altogther as one team yet.

I amn't trying to get personal. i am extremely passionate about the Raiders and dont take kindly to people mocking them. There is nothing wrong with an experienced vet predicting playoffs to try and motivate the rest of the team and he shouldnt be mocked for it considering we have one of the most talented teams in the league we just havent put it altogther as one team yet.

Hence why I said it was good willed banter. And you did take it personal by saying:

"from you the high and mighty patriot all knowing NFL lord."

That is an attack on my character is it not? Look Im passionate about the NFL and the Patriots and yes I got fumed by the whole cheat thing in the past but its been done to death at this point and as a Pats fans you have to get used to these jibes, Otherwise you will be driven insane and lash out all over the place on forums.

This thread was quite light hearted hence the High school thing do you honestly think I was being for real? Its banter simple as. I have laughed off alot of Pats jokes on this forum as has the other Pats fans on here as you have to after ahwile.

Im sorry if you were offended by what I said I guess some are more sensitive than others and I do apologise.

I apologize for that statement no need for me to get personal i just let my passion get the best of me sometimes.

I apologize for that statement no need for me to get personal i just let my passion get the best of me sometimes.

Makes two of us dude makes two of us.

BTW My high horse is called Silver whats yours? :D:D:D

hahah mine's named Black. So we have Silver & Black haha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

*sigh* He's doing more talking than he ever was at the Patriots right?

I can't remember any sh!te coming out of him when he was in New England, open to correction though!

He wasn't the vocal leader at the Patriots. There is no question he is the most succesfull person on the Raiders roster. He is the leader for the team he has to speak up and lead the team, he didn't have to do that in New England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

He wasn't the vocal leader at the Patriots. There is no question he is the most succesfull person on the Raiders roster. He is the leader for the team he has to speak up and lead the team, he didn't have to do that in New England.

I certainly wouldn't want him as a 'vocal leader' on my team if he's spewing statements that are hypocritical to his previous ones.

It's probably a different story in New England as he had winning seasons, maybe he's trying to buck up his squad - and respects to him for doing so - but there are better ways to being a leader than that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I certainly wouldn't want him as a 'vocal leader' on my team if he's spewing statements that are hypocritical to his previous ones.

It's probably a different story in New England as he had winning seasons, maybe he's trying to buck up his squad - and respects to him for doing so - but there are better ways to being a leader than that.
    Id say hes just in a state of shock tbh. He's gone from the winningest club in the league to arguably one of, if not the worst, franchise in the league (as a raiders fan even I have to admit that we are **** the last few years :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The one team who can't call anyone a cheat is the Raiders.
    There old motto was If Your Not Cheating Your Not Trying.
    Madden admitted that they used every dirty trick in the book to win the Super Bowl the year he was calling the plays.
    Everyone cheats, Belichicks mistake was getting caught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Yeah, wasn't there a sketch on some cartoon about the Raiders cheating? I couldn't find it to post it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Yeah, wasn't there a sketch on some cartoon about the Raiders cheating? I couldn't find it to post it.
    No clip on yt, but it was the simpsons - the ep with "daddy daughter day" and the betting on football. Lisa tells homer to bet on the raiders because they always cheat. In the nfl roundup the announcer says "and in a very suspicious play the raiders win"

"Raider Rule #1 Cheating is encouraged."
    "Raider Rule #2 See rule #1"

The Raiders have always done things like using uneccesary casts on the hands etc and late hits but never anything like Belichick and spygate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

When are people going to get over this spygate nonsense. Every team was doing it, the Patriots got caught big deal.

You have absolutely NO proof that any other team besides New England were doing it. NONE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

eagle eye wrote: »
    When are people going to get over this spygate nonsense. Every team was doing it, the Patriots got caught big deal.

:rolleyes: I don't why Patriots fans just can't accept it instead of wheeling out excuse after excuse.

:rolleyes: I don't why Patriots fans just can't accept it instead of wheeling out excuse after excuse.

Well in fairness eagle eye didn't make an excuse for it he has clearly shown on many occasions he accepts as have many Pats fans on here. But when other fans use it to fuel an argument that's where it gets petty. In this case headhunter says the Raiders Cheating of old doesn't compare which in actual fact it does. Cheating is cheating no matter what way you look at it. The severity of it is punishable in different ways.

I clearly accept what the Pats did was wrong but it would be naive to think they were or are the only ones cheating in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

Awww.......

Group Hug Anyone?

Advertisement