Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Practical Exam

Options
  • 28-10-2009 9:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys, I'll be doing my music practical exam in around less than 6 months (it's usually around April right?) and I still haven't been told clearly by the teacher what is to be done or expected yet.

I'm doing higher level so I have to perform 6 pieces right ?? I don't play any instrument well enough to play it on the day (a bit of guitar and keyboard but I suck :o) but I can sing well and so that's what I'm planning to do. But even so, will I be able to impress them?? Coz I know people who are gonna sing and can play a few different instruments ...

Also, what types of songs do you recommend singing?? Songs with a wide range?? Songs of a variety of styles?? Lol, I'm really clueless. Thanks in advance ! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

The practical is specfic regarding the instrument etc-

You must play either 6 pieces to be assessed at "higher level" standard, i.e excellent, all on one instrument

or play 8 pieces for 2 electives, i.e 2 instruments or 1 instrument and music technology and only be assessed at "ordanary level" standard-regardless of the level you are taking.

Also, if you have accompanyment for one song (therefore if you sing with your pieces) AFAIK you must have accompanyment for all pieces

Advertisement