Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to work from Roundwood to St. Stephen's Green

• 28-10-2009 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi there, I've just got a new job (hurray!) but now I need to figure out what would be the quickest/cheapest way to get there. I have a car but there's no parking at my workplace, so I have 4 options:

- Drive to Bray and take Dart in from there
    - Drive to Greystones and take the Dart from there

- Drive to Dundrum or Cherrywood and take the Luas from there

- Drive to Newtownmountkennedy and take the bus in from there

I will prob start work at 8 and finish at 5. Also I need to take cost of parking into consideration.

Anybody have any advice or in the same situation?
    Would really appreciate the help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

St Kevins Bus operate direct from Roundwood to St Stephen's Green every day at 0730 returning at 6pm. That would be easier than any of the other options!

http://www.glendaloughbus.com/timetable.html

There is also the 145 bus from Kilmacanogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Newtown isnt that far from Roundwood, So I'd certainly consider getting the 133 from Newtown. So long as your car is safe from the locals :D.
    The bus will drop you at dawson street and collect from Kildare street.
    The service is a lot more frequent now than it used to be.

2nd vote would be to get the Luas, from the Stillorgan stop as there is ample parking there. All the better when the extension opens to Cherrywood

Bray is so congested in the morning I think its too hard to get all the way to the train station and then get onto a dart & then however long that takes to get to the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

KC61 wrote: »
    St Kevins Bus operate direct from Roundwood to St Stephen's Green every day at 0730 returning at 6pm. That would be easier than any of the other options!

http://www.glendaloughbus.com/timetable.html

Even better still!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there's a large, free park and ride in Greystones from whence you can get the Dart or the 84X (latter drops off on Stephens Green) - this is probably the cheapest option as I'd imagine Dublin Bus fares are cheaper than Bus Eireann. Problem with the Glendalough bus service would be if you missed it, you're hosed...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭nordydan

Drive to Kilmacud and get the luas in. You can park for free on the road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

nordydan wrote: »
    Drive to Kilmacud and get the luas in. You can park for free on the road
    for how much longer though - they've recently marked out the parking spaces on that road, suggests they're planning to bring in pay parking...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Drive to Shankill and get the Dart and free parking as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 allyatsea

Thanks everyone! I've looked into the options that you listed (some of them I didn't even know about...) and I think I'll go for the 133 bus eireann from Newtown to Stephen's green. You were right it runs pretty regularly (so flexibility in terms of coming and going) parking is free and easy and price isn't bad either.

Thanks!

Advertisement