Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streetfighter 4-friendly games anyone?

Options
  • 28-10-2009 11:12am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have to admit, I'm getting a little tired of playing the same few characters again and again online, even in Player matches. After a fantastic set of 18 games agianst Sagat08 last night, I was wondering if anyone wants to play some games using randomly selected characters? I was able to test some nice stuff with Honda and Chun Li which was great!

First to 10 wins or something?

EDIT: I'm on live btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You on PSN or Live?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

This is a good place to find all kinds of unusual characters actually. I main Guile, for example, and kiki mains...er... everyone.

If you're on psn I'm hadoomken, good for a game anytime.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

If you're on live I'm D4RK ONION (would you believe?!), but I wont be online for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Hey man, I'll play you again for sure... you've definitely improved since the last time we played. You have a better understanding of the game!

I'll be on again, like, every night... man I've gotta be more constuctive with my time :rolleyes:

Don't mind that lark sagat06, being constructive with ones time is much less exciting that going whatever way the wind takes you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Yeah I'm usually up for casuals (connection quality depending). I'm NeptuneCAKE on PC. I really need to expand the character range of sparring partners. Whenever I play someone good online its always Bison Ryu or Gief. I'm looking for Abels, Blankas, Cammys and Rufuses especially.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Im going on live now if anyones on, tag is bush80

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Hey man, I'll play you again for sure... you've definitely improved since the last time we played. You have a better understanding of the game!

I'll be on again, like, every night... man I've gotta be more constuctive with my time :rolleyes:

When we first played SF4, I had no grasp of zoning, poking and was pretty much a flowchart player. It wasn't until I strated reevaluating my game that I realised I was a scrub.

Some great matchups were randomly selected...Dictator mirror match was interesting. I like your Cammy btw. My Dhalsim was inspired by Kirby :p

Guys, I'm on Xbox Live btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Sounds interesting. I'll probably be on XBL tonight. (gamertag: Yreval)

Yreval wrote: »
    Sounds interesting. I'll probably be on XBL tonight. (gamertag: Yreval)

Hi Yreval,
    I played you in G2 Tournament mode a fortnight ago. Best Sakura player I have faced. Looking forward to playing you again sometime. I might be on after 1030.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

This is a good place to find all kinds of unusual characters actually. I main Guile, for example, and kiki mains...er... everyone.

If you're on psn I'm hadoomken, good for a game anytime.
    I'm like Justin Wong, only without the execution & dedication. :D

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I'm like Justin Wong, only without the execution & dedication. :D

Funnily enough, alot of people mistake me for Justin Wong when I am playing SF4. I included a recent pic for comparison. I'm on the right btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Add my tag "Mark Ryan 92" I'm up for games anytime

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Funnily enough, alot of people mistake me for Justin Wong when I am playing SF4. I included a recent pic for comparison. I'm on the right btw.
    Your photoshop skills are outta this world... LET'S GO FUTUREGUY!

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Your photoshop skills are outta this world... LET'S GO FUTUREGUY!

Yes...worship me!!!

My photoshop skills are almost on par with my SF4 skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im going online now, so if anyone wants a game or 5 send me a msg :P

GT : FoamyMushroom

Guys, i'll be on most of Friday evening if people want to meet up as a group online? I'll def be on from 5-8 pm.

Why not all try to get on, play lots of random friendlies against multiple opponents and post the results...will make for good reading to see who beat who with which character etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

I've really got to give up this working lark... its seriously interfering with my SF4 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Guys, i'll be on most of Friday evening if people want to meet up as a group online? I'll def be on from 5-8 pm.

Why not all try to get on, play lots of random friendlies against multiple opponents and post the results...will make for good reading to see who beat who with which character etc.

The game needs a lobby system for this to be much fun really. Play HDR instead! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sounds good, let me know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Sagat06 wrote: »

bush wrote: »
    Im going on live now if anyones on, tag is bush80

Yo either of you guys on PSN or PC? I've no experience against high level blankas :(

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    The game needs a lobby system for this to be much fun really. Play HDR instead! :pac:

Yeah, the lack of a lobby is a pain, but I'm not going to let that get in the way of a gold ol' fashioned melee!

Hope to see some of you on later this evening. Random characters, first to 10wins? Good or bad for me, I'm going to post the results for reading.

EDIT: Also quick question...is there any way I can use my XBOX360 Madcatz TE stick on PS3? Would love to fight some of the PS3 plaers on here and SF4 is cheap enough second hand for PS3.

I'm on now if you want to play. Also that's called dual modding your stick, and is possible but a bitta work. Plenty of guides etc. on SRK I think!

edit: Heading to town to buy tekken, might be around for a bit later

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Yo either of you guys on PSN or PC? I've no experience against high level blankas :(

Im on psn, bush80

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

whos on XBL

farzadq

please post here before adding.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bush wrote: »
    Im on psn, bush80

Would you mind if I added you also? I need someone top tier who isn't Azza to fight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Placebo wrote: »
    whos on XBL

farzadq

please post here before adding.

I'll add you for a few games later if you don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

yeah no worries, im adding the following,

XBOX live
    a big irish man
    Araforn
    Airblazer
    animaX01[whore]
    Anto Nick
    Bourkenator.
    Burning Eclipse
    Bush80
    Cobelcog
    crow0feet
    D4RK ONION
    Davey909
    Desmondo2000
    Dowdus Maximus
    Dredzpower
    Evanryan182
    EvilSuperSean
    FantomShock
    farzadq
    FistsMcGuirk
    FoamyMushroom
    G0lly
    Garak001
    HokemPokem
    HUGEBASHER
    I Am Craze7
    I Am The Wal
    i_like_dyke
    IM BRIANBLESSED
    imLOST irl
    Jimeatsmenu
    keysersoze4ever
    kgleeson
    Kirk The Dog
    lancestorm108
    lejneb
    Linoud
    owenz0r
    Owwmykneecap
    MackDaddi
    Mark Ryan 92
    newtype00
    PurebredDnA
    pykcherryghost
    randomchild
    Reanimemmett
    retr0gamer1337
    Sagat08

Seamarse
    shane O mac20
    SilentHunter382
    Slurms McK
    smdylan
    stylesclash07
    T Boy UK
    Tehtys
    thethomaseffect
    venom lash
    Xinkai
    XTHEWITCHX
    Yreval

do you guys still use XBL regularly?
    dont think ive seen thewitch online on XBL[or this?] in months

Witch was online when I was earlier, presumably playing Tekken 6 though, I didn't check. Look forward to getting some more games in with you Farzad!

• Advertisement

Would you mind if I added you also? I need someone top tier who isn't Azza to fight :D

Work away

Advertisement