Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So i want to get a second 360

• 28-10-2009 11:47am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, im considering getting another 360 as my son is constantly at me to team up with him and go online with cod 4,cod waw,battlefield etc,and MW2 coming soon.
    Im not sure ill get the use out of the Elite with the 120 gig HD so im thinking a 60 gig HD one that ive heard are available.
    Obviously in looking for the latest hardware components as i dont want rrod etc.
    Im just wondering whats the safest route to take in this regard?
    I was under the impression the Elite has the best components?
    If so can i get an Elite with something bigger than 20 gig HD but not quite the 120 gig HD?

Thanks in advance guys.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi folks, im considering getting another 360 as my son is constantly at me to team up with him and go online with cod 4,cod waw,battlefield etc,and MW2 coming soon.
    Im not sure ill get the use out of the Elite with the 120 gig HD so im thinking a 60 gig HD one that ive heard are available.

I've a 60GB one. It's called the 'Pro' or something like that. I've only bought my one about 2 months ago and it's the latest 'Jasper' model one.
    Obviously in looking for the latest hardware components as i dont want rrod etc.

AFAIK all 360's on sale now are 'Jasper' models and come with the latest components.
    If so can i get an Elite with something bigger than 20 gig HD but not quite the 120 gig HD?

If you go into any Game or Gamestop store they should be able to help you and ensure you that you're getting one of the latest models.
    The only difference from what I can see between the elite and the pro console is the size of the hard drive and the colour. Both are made in the same way. Just the size of the hard drive is the only difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

The pro version got discontinued so you could be hardpushed to find one about. Elite is down to €240 though (two bundles I know from HMV: FIFA & NFS: Shift // Wireless Pack - controller, Pure & Lego Batman).

I'd go for the Elite over the Arcade if left with that choice. You should be safe enough with consoles bought now...but always keep the receipt. I bought one in Feb and got nervy about the RROD (but still misplaced receipt...it has appeared again so it's all good!)

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Dcully wrote: »

Thanks in advance guys.

Presume you're going to have to buy all the games again too if you want to play at the same time as your young lad.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Presume you're going to have to buy all the games again too if you want to play at the same time as your young lad.

Yup goes without saying,ill probably get MW2 for starters.
    Thanks guys for info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Will you be my new Dad. lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Asmodean wrote: »
    Will you be my new Dad. lol

He already is but your Mom will kill me now for spilling the beans.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Gonzales

smooch71 wrote: »

I'm not sure if this is necessarily true. I've seen ads on the net lately that will "backup" your 360 games in case the originals get "scratched" .might be worth your while to investigate this "service" ":)"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Gonzales wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is necessarily true. I've seen ads on the net lately that will "backup" your 360 games in case the originals get "scratched" .might be worth your while to investigate this "service" ":)"

yes and normally going online with this is a big no no, Microsoft will ban the console if they detect it. it's less problematic when you just play locally unconnected to the web

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I suspect you live in Dublin Dcully but if you don't then

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055723884

EDIT: I see your location is Kildare, know anyone in Cork???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thanks for that mate, i picked up an Elite today in smiths with forza 3 and fifa 10 for 249 euro even though i have fifa already grrrr.

Quick question and probably a silly one at that :)

Im about to install the games my son has onto the new console, will there be an issue playing cod 4 and cod waw ONLINE on both machines? At different times ofcourse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Nope, once its a valid disk, its fine.

Advertisement