Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galacticos My Arse!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pelligrini will be gone by Christmas (and thats if he's lucky enough to last that long)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That sounds exactly like a galactico result. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

pity it was only the first leg : /

hopefully the can hang on to the lead :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

el rabitos wrote: »
    pity it was only the first leg : /

hopefully the can hang on to the lead :eek:

Surely they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Nice thread title. Are we allowed to start threads here with the sole purpose of gloating just after a team has been beaten?

• Advertisement

Touchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

no Ronaldo = fail

mike65 wrote:
    Touchy

It just seems like double standards.

For example, Man Utd were being dubbed 'The Untouchables' last season, until they got trounced 1-4 at home by Liverpool.

Would it have then been ok for me to start a thread, ''Untouchables My Arse!'' and expect it not to be locked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

mike65 wrote: »
    Touchy

In fairness, he has a point. I'm sure if Pool for the league me Arse or This will be our year me Arse was to make our ways to liccle monitors, it would go without comment.

Now its been mentioned this thread prolly will get locked. There is something innatly mockable about Real Madrid and their waving money in our faces mentality. So when they get tonked by some nobodies its fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I guess the players just simply didn't give a damn about the result.

mike65 wrote: »
    Now its been mentioned this thread prolly will get locked. There is something innatly mockable about Real Madrid and their waving money in our faces mentality. So when they get tonked by some nobodies its fun.

Not for me and las madridistas it isn't :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

The problem surely with buying a team like madrid is that players believe in there own hype and believe all they have to do is turn up to win especially against "lower" teams. It would probably help if the teams got a chance to get to know there manager too before he gets sacked

Hmm sounds oddly familiar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Perhaps I should have been a more choice in my thread title but I don't think its all that bad. It's not a season defining moment for Real, its the Copa Del Ray and they even still have a chance to win that tie.

I do find it incredible that given the amount of talent on the pitch they failed to even score let alone get hammered by 3rd Division opposition. Drenthe - €14m, Van Der Vaart €13m, Albiol €15m, Arbeloa €4m, Diarra £20m, Benzema €35m. Metzelder and Dudek were free transfers whilst Guti, Granero and Raul are homegrown. That's over €100 million worth of players that had their arses handed to them by a 3rd division team in Spain. So tbh Galacticos my arse and I do take a certain satisfaction that a small team like Alcorcon were far from overawed by them.

In the long run it's actually most likely a good thing for Real Madrid as you'd hope this would be the kick up the arse some of those players need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Alonso missing from the team proves conclusively that him leaving Liverpool was the reason that they went through a poor run of form recently.

Advertisement