Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interest on Savings

Options
  • 28-10-2009 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Have a very quick question. I have cash in my bank account and also my credit union account. My banks interest hits my account on the 21st Nov. My questions is, what happens if I get my interest on the 21st, took all my cash out and lodge in into my C.U and wait for their interest to hit my account? Is interest based on the cash you build up over the year or how much you have in the account on that day ?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭515

Credit Union calculates the interest daily... so 10k in for one day is like having 27euro in for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

And is it only applied to your account once a year ? i received my interest in a lump sum from the C.U last year...middle of Dec if I remember correctly ?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

gaz wac wrote: »
    Hi,

Is interest based on the cash you build up over the year or how much you have in the account on that day ?

Thanks

Unfortunately, you can't get the benefit of the full year's interest just by sticking your cash on a particular day of the year..that would be too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

interest is calculated daily and applied on a quarterly basis or yearly basis or some specific period... not just calculated on one single day of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Thanks for all the replys, big figures involved, so it was worth asking :D

Cheers

Wac

• Advertisement
Advertisement