Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com dicontinued

Options
  • 28-10-2009 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

:(
    http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/

I loved this site - was so useful. Anyone know any similar 'property watching' sites?

TDGTTS RIP and whoever was behind it - thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

Terrible news.

Whoever was behind it did a great service - thanks and sorry you won't be continuing.......what are we going to do now??

How often is irishpropertywatch updated?

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

OP, why do you think its being discontinued? says nothing on their site?

And if it really is being discontinued.... i wonder why

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

This announcement is posted on the site in large letters:

Announcement: We've decided to discontinue this website as we're not covering our costs

opps... see that now. covering our costs??? wtf its cots €20 a year for a 100Gb per month account €6 for the domain WTF? thats bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

jetski wrote: »
    opps... see that now. covering our costs??? wtf its cots €20 a year for a 100Gb per month account €6 for the domain WTF? thats bull****

What about labour?
    Must take a lot of time to update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

That's still €250 a year as well... if you care that much offer to pay it yourself.

http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/contact.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

MG wrote: »
    Terrible news.

Whoever was behind it did a great service - thanks and sorry you won't be continuing.......what are we going to do now??

How often is irishpropertywatch updated?

Irish Property Watch does a scan of the properties weekly for sales and daily for rentals. The reports are a little less frequent though.

That's still €250 a year as well... if you care that much offer to pay it yourself.

http://www.treesdontgrowtothesky.com/contact.php

No its €26 per year.

What makes you think i care about the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I'd say you are glad to see the website close, you being one of the few property bulls left in Ireland :D

To the owners of treesdontgrowtothesky.com, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the work you have put into the website over the past years, your website was excellent. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

DonJose wrote: »
    I'd say you are glad to see the website close, you being one of the few property bulls left in Ireland :D

To the owners of treesdontgrowtothesky.com, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the work you have put into the website over the past years, your website was excellent. Best of luck with your future endeavours.

No im not actually, i was enjoying checking it regularly as i have been since it started.

Unusual for them to claim they are closing because they are not covering their costs - i personally dont belive that, their data is only pointing in one direction since it peaked in january and its a bit of a coincidence tbh...

The site slogan is "Looking for the bottom in the Irish property market"

Seems to me like they found it

irishpropertywatch pulled another stunt by hiding the data on price declines which was allways on the front page, which im quite peaved about too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

So is irishpropertywatch.com the only other one out there now?
    Or does any one know of others?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭martian1980

i was enjoying checking it regularly as i have been since it started.

ah, so you do care about the site then!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Unusual for them to claim they are closing because they are not covering their costs - i personally dont belive that, their data is only pointing in one direction since it peaked in january and its a bit of a coincidence tbh...
    A coincidence that the chart peaked 9 months ago and they pulled the plug now? That's an unusual definition of coincident.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

No im not actually, i was enjoying checking it regularly as i have been since it started.

The site slogan is "Looking for the bottom in the Irish property market"

Seems to me like they found it

irishpropertywatch pulled another stunt by hiding the data on price declines which was allways on the front page, which im quite peaved about too.

Which data on price declines was that? The price drop reports? those are still there, just done fortnightly.

You can see all the Sales reports here:
    http://www.irishpropertywatch.com/salesSearch.php

The front page just has whichever report was done last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

Thanos wrote: »
    So is irishpropertywatch.com the only other one out there now?
    Or does any one know of others?

http://www.property-vultures.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 nsn

GeeNorm wrote:

We've decided to continue with the site. Many of our users have kindly offered to make a donation towards our costs which is fantastic news. A new report will be up next week. Regards nsn

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭uncanny

nsn wrote: »
    We've decided to continue with the site.

Good onya, fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭MG

nsn wrote: »
    We've decided to continue with the site. Many of our users have kindly offered to make a donation towards our costs which is fantastic news. A new report will be up next week. Regards nsn

Well done....excellent site...keep up the good work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mollypop

Announcement:

After receiving a huge amount of support and offers of donations to help us cover our costs we are going to continue operating the site

Excellent! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Irishpropertywatch.com seems to be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Yeah i noticed that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Domain doesn't expire till 2011-02-28

Advertisement