Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal - Sat 30th Oct

Options
  • 28-10-2009 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭

I seriously think we are going to find it hard at the Library MkII, this saturday.

NO Lennon, Defoe, Modric, Woodgate plus the ever constant worry of 'will Ledley break down' throughout the match.

This is starting 11, I think is most probable.....
    Gomes

Corluka Bassong King BAE

Bentley Palacios Hudd Krancjar

Keane Crouch

It's also possible that Harry may play one up front and bring Jenas in for a five man midfield, which would probably see Robbie on the bench. Either way there's no pace, which going to leave us with a very blunt attack.

Ever the pessimist :rolleyes:, I can't see us taking anything from this game. If we can get a draw, I'd be delighted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

crouch is injured isn't he will he be fit on sat?
    could see an interesting line up of
    Gomes
    Córluka King Bassong BAE

Bently Hudd Palacios Bale

Kranjcar

Keane

Seeing as Pav wasn't great yesterday and we'd outnumber and outmuscle them in midfield this way
    Jenas has a calf strain so I think he'll start on the bench
    Maybe a couple of kids hutton and pav on the bench too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

I have a nasty feeling that the wheels are coming off.

The injuries/suspensions are mounting up and we just don't have top-class quality back-up. Pav, Crouch, Bale, Bentley - who-ever - they are not good enough to go to the Emirates and pull off a result.

If we go there and attack our first 11 would have had a shout but as we don't have our normal strike-force we will get stuffed. If we go there and defend we'll get thumped anyway.

Im in pessimistic mode and a win at home to tired/under-strength Everton in the Carling Cup doesnt change that.

Comfortable win for the scum 3-0 (would be delighted if proven otherwise!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd go with Jenas over Huddlestone, we will need his energy in the centre of the park. If Crouch is out I would go with Kranjcar in the hole and Bale on the left. We have the best away record in the league and while Arsenal can be irresistible at times they will also switch off at times, i.e. West Ham at the weekend, Champs League last week and at Old Trafford earlier in the season. If we avoid stupid mistakes we are well capable of coming away with 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

everyone here said we would beat stoke -we lost

everyone here is saying arsenal will win so the contrarian in me says we will win!!

in all seriousness i think we will get a kicking here. arshavin will eat slow corluka for his lunch, fabregas will glide past huddlestone as if he wasnt there

van persie will score 2 with his pace

3-1 to arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Park the bus harry!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

I have a nasty feeling that the wheels are coming off.

The injuries/suspensions are mounting up and we just don't have top-class quality back-up. Pav, Crouch, Bale, Bentley - who-ever - they are not good enough to go to the Emirates and pull off a result.

If we go there and attack our first 11 would have had a shout but as we don't have our normal strike-force we will get stuffed. If we go there and defend we'll get thumped anyway.

Im in pessimistic mode and a win at home to tired/under-strength Everton in the Carling Cup doesnt change that.

Comfortable win for the scum 3-0 (would be delighted if proven otherwise!)

All internationals!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

To be honest, I think we may even struggle to get a goal there without Lennon, Modric, or Defoe, especially if we resort to pumping it up to Crouch.

3 - 0 to Arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

My worst fear is this could be an end to our top 4 ambitions especially with both villa and man city having a game in hand

BOLT wrote: »
    All internationals!
    Ok.
    Pav - too lightweight & not enough passion for English prem
    Crouch - he is never going to be more than Plan B in any top side
    Bale - we didn't win a game with him for 3 years (and Wales doesn't count!)
    Bentley - your having a laugh?!

still ricky

we have won a game with bale in the side (recently, he came on a sub )
    being light weight has nothing to do with being good in the premiership (look at modric) - lack of effort and passion is pavs problem
    bentley- is a much better crosser then lennon will ever be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

mickman wrote: »
    still ricky

being light weight has nothing to do with being good in the premiership (look at modric) - lack of effort and passion is pavs problem

think bentley, since he came to spurs, has been the least consistant and under performing than at any other stage in his career but that is a very fair comment. even his poor crosses are better than lennons good ones. think his confidence has taken a bashing. realy thought he would come good but so far no, he hasnt.

to be honest sat is his day. if he starts and delivers a few peaches on to crouchs head and has a good game then he has a chance of staying.

pav though is gone for sure. there is no saving that waster

mickman wrote: »
    still ricky

Bale has been useless since he joined Spurs, either injured, off-form or too busy getting his hair-clip in place.

Bentley can cross it, but won't be allowed, he has nowhere near enough pace for the prem (i would rather trust Wenger's judgement than Commolli).

Same goes for Pav/Crouch - no pace - too easy to defend against, they belong in the 80's.

Bale has been useless since he joined Spurs, either injured, off-form or too busy getting his hair-clip in place.

Bentley can cross it, but won't be allowed, he has nowhere near enough pace for the prem (i would rather trust Wenger's judgement than Commolli).

Same goes for Pav/Crouch - no pace - too easy to defend against, they belong in the 80's.

Now I know you're 'having a laugh'

49 goals in 98 appearances for Liverpool....yep, dead easy to defend against, worthless lanky fecker.

And 18 goals in 35 appearances for England...

Indeed all those defenders must have been so happy to see crouch gangling on to the pitch..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

quote]

i have read somewhere that he is one of the quickest players in the league.think it was on that nike vapour add or something(the one where lennon raced against abonglahor)

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Well I am absolutely certain we're going to win. :D

BOLT wrote: »
    49 goals in 98 appearances for Liverpool....yep, dead easy to defend against, worthless lanky fecker.

And 18 goals in 35 appearances for England...

Indeed all those defenders must have been so happy to see crouch gangling on to the pitch..
    Look at it another way, can you really see Wenger ever having Crouch/Pav/Bentley & co as a starter in one of his teams? If you think he would well - fair play to you! (He got rid of Bentley for a start!)

I personally think Defoe, Modric & Lennon would definitely have a shout of making the Arsenal or any other Top 4 team.

Thats why Arse are strong favs on sat

p.s those Crouch statistics are inaccurate & annoying. Actually his PL goal statistics for Liverpool were 22 goals in 85 games, nearly 1 in every 4! In fact Crouch was never considered good enough to be a starter for Liverpool actually went 30-odd games for them before he scored! As for England did you research the teams that he scored all those goals against? I'll tell you - Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, Andorra, Belarus, Macedonia, Greece, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary & Uruguay. The only other 'big' club Crouch has been at was Aston Villa where he was a disaster for 2 years and was farmed out on loan to Norwich City! Crouch's career goal ratio (as i posted up on here a few months ago) is much inferior to all of Defoe/Keane/Pav and Bent (who has since gone on to top the Prem scoring charts since we let him go). And on top of all of that - when Crouch plays, as I predicted, we tend to start throwing longer balls up to him rather than playing through midfield, making us look one-dimensional and predictable - if Stoke were able to suss it out, I'm sure Wenger will!
    The media seem to love Crouch because he is a 'gangly lanky bloke done good', yet there is absolutely no evidence to support his inclusion in any top team (as a starter anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

Look at it another way, can you really see Wenger ever having Crouch/Pav/Bentley & co as a starter in one of his teams? If you think he would well - fair play to you! (He got rid of Bentley for a start!)

I personally think Defoe, Modric & Lennon would definitely have a shout of making the Arsenal or any other Top 4 team.

Thats why Arse are strong favs on sat

wenger has his team playing a particular way - ie they have to almost walk the all into the net each time - the scum could do with having a player like pav

wenger has his team playing a particular way - ie they have to almost walk the all into the net each time - the scum could do with having a player like pav
    As much as it is painful to say, your a brave man to question the judgement of someone who has won 3 Premier Leagues (5 times Runners Up), 4 FA Cups, a UEFA Cup and a Champions League Runner Up. And all of that whilst playing almost a Brazil-like brand of football and spending far less than us in the transfer market!

p.s he's still a pa0do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Bentley is a f*cking sh*tter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

get Huddlestone off that park,he is a soft boy and he is bricking it today.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

Thank god for half time, the last ten minutes have been a nightmare :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

chokers always have been always will be i am afraid :mad:

well we are getting mauled again today.

this is the start of the rot people. our confidence will be very low after today unless we have an amazing second half

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

As always lads with football its always about the next goal!!!

Don't write us off just yet!

Huddlestone has been very poor and Palacios looks tired AGAIN!!!

Look at the heads down coming out the tunnel! They nearly had to push Bassong back onto the pitch :mad:

Who are we fecking Bolton, trying to break it up and hit Crouch's head with a set-piece...we got what we deserved. Scum showed their quality there.

Still its not all over, Arse do concede if we go for it 2nd half..

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Oh great is Gareth Bale!!!!

Thats it, we never learn. I can't take any more of this, see yer later...i give up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

You wouldn't see this at schoolboy level :mad:

Advertisement