Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

text scammers MOBISIZZLE HELP ,HELP HELP

• 28-10-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

my recently deceased sons mobile phone account was robbed by these scum. they are called MOBISIZZLE they are based in Canada, they have an irish freephone number 1800 550331 , you can only ring it from a landline , i cannot get any info as to who they are or their registered office address and company details . Regtel and O2 informed , if you do ring the number they appear to be very unhelpful , if anyone knows any details on them can you please come back to me,.thank you please HELP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

First off - sorry for your loss.

Can you explain what you mean when you say that his account was robbed??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 glynn888

in reply these people took advantage of my late sons death , it was just 2 weeks ago and his death and funeral was in the media for over a week , these scum siezed the opportunity and sent unsolicited premium text messages to his phone , may they enjoy their illgotten gains temporarily .I and my family wish wish them and theirs the best of bad luck. MOBISIZZLE scum 1800550331

Do you know how they got his mobiel number?
    If he did not sign up to anything from them then a refund is in order!

Have you thought about reporting it to others? ComReg? RegTel? Data Protection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Maybe your Son signed up for some ringtone service or some other kind of similar service and they were sending him some info or promotional texts.

How much was he charged for these texts?

hi all this nice company has now been shut down from operating here , their business of stealing from the dead has cost them dearly, i will post their full contact details later , anyone else stung by them should demand refunds . 1800550331,

• Advertisement

glynn888 wrote: »
    hi all this nice company has now been shut down from operating here , their business of stealing from the dead has cost them dearly, i will post their full contact details later , anyone else stung by them should demand refunds . 1800550331,

Who shut them down?
    Did you arrange it?

Can you give us a bit more info?

Thanks,
    T

hi all , here is the well hidden details of those lovely people who help the
    themselves to your phone credit and steal from your phone account .
    director: <snip/> . 599 yonge street, Toronto, ontario, m4y 1z4, Canada. 1800 550331 frre phone from Ireland
    If they have robbed you also from their 57778 text number , demand your money back , write , email , phone them , tell them what you think of them ,
    I will be reporting them to the police in Toronto , and making representations through the Canadian embassy here and the Irish embassy in Canada . the more people who do so will make the authorities take more notice , thanks.
    Their Canadian phone number 0014168237091 mobisizzle: lovely people to do business with,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

How much money did they steal? Is it really worth all that hassle?

Hi ,under ordinary circumstances its would probably be too much hassle to go after these criminals for 20- 30 euros, even if they do hit thousands of people
    at the same time . but these are not ordinary business people.
    Alas the details in this case a very different these scum did not just rob anybody , they stole from my son who died in tragic accident a few weeks ago . his death would have been in the media for over a week so these scum took advantage of the situation .stealing from Irish people is bad enough but stealing from a dead Irish citizen is the lowest that any of these foreign scum can go .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

There's plenty of other threads here where people subscribbed themselves without realising, could your son have done that before his tragic accident?

I also find it hard to believe that any company would go to the effort of finding a dead persons phone number for the sake of twenty euro, it's hardly worth the hassle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

glynn888 wrote: »
    his death would have been in the media for over a week so these scum took advantage of the situation .stealing from Irish people is bad enough but stealing from a dead Irish citizen is the lowest that any of these foreign scum can go .

While I accept that this is a particularly emotional time for you, I have to agree with Gillo in saying that I find it quite difficult to accept that they specifically targeted somebody who had recently passed away.

How would they find out the phone number of a recently deceased person?

Anyway, you have had your say, you have made your point, so I think it's best we close this thread and leave it be.

Any issues with this, please PM me directly.

Do not start yet another thread on this subject, please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement