Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the February Mid Term?

Options
  • 28-10-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Sorry for the odd question, but there usually is a mid term in February, around halfway through the month. In my school, it always takes place after the mocks.

As far as I know, every school in the country has their mid-term on the same date. Did anyone get any information from their school as to when this mid-term is?

I need to know the exact dates as I want to book my driving test for that week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

its between 15th to 19th of February 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭vladglenin

jc2008 wrote: »
    Sorry for the odd question, but there usually is a mid term in February, around halfway through the month. In my school, it always takes place after the mocks.

As far as I know, every school in the country has their mid-term on the same date. Did anyone get any information from their school as to when this mid-term is?

I need to know the exact dates as I want to book my driving test for that week.
    Feburary

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Ours is from the 12th to the 22nd, so I guess most schools would be around that week. Probably best to ring your school and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

The mocks are before/after the February mid-term this year does anyone know?

After, hopefully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Before

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

When the mocks are depends on the school.

The February mid-term break should be the same in all schools since the standardised school year came in.

From Citizens information site
    February 2010 mid-term break

Post-primary schools will close from 15 to 19 February 2010 inclusive. Primary schools will close from 15 to 16 February 2010 or 18 to 19 February 2010 inclusive. (Primary schools may use 3 discretionary days to extend this break to an alternative option of a 5 day break).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Depends on the school, mine they were after the midterm, which sucked, no time off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Last year,the mid term was between the exams. As in,a week of exams,a week of mid term,a week of exams. It didn't work so well,we were all shattered.
    I'm in a different school this year for repeating,really hope the exams are before mid term,even though it'd be a disaster. I want to be able to take that week off to sleep and relax,and then have one last (3 month long...) hurrah at the end. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

My mocks start the 1st eeek :( This year is flying. And my midterm is the 12th to the 22nd, not sure if i'd like the mocks after the midterm - it would be great study wise but i'd need a break!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

15th to the 19th february for me :)

thing is you would want to be really sure as the pres are around then ask teachers and they will have an idea as its generally the same each year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I have one week of pre's before and one week after! Bah!

OP, if you're booking your driving test its unlikely you will be able to get a date that exact week-I tried it for my first test and they just gave me a random date outside of when I wanted! Good luck though

Advertisement