Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M.Sc. in Risk Managment wanted feedback

Options
  • 28-10-2009 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi Everyone

I would like to find out about the UCD's MSc in Risk Management. Is there anyone who has done/currently enrolled in the course.

I am at the final stage of accountancy exams at the mtm. Thinking to enroll in Next year. I want to have kind of plan B in terms of career,Accountany has a very limited scope???

What was your overall view of the course, job prospects. Is it worth the time and money.

With all due respect, UCD's website does not do a good job in terms of what one could get out of a particular course? Its just too vague.

Which one would be a better choice in career I have a liking for both;

UCD's M.Sc. in Risk Managment Vs DCU MSc in Finance and Capital markets.:)

Prompt feedback will be appreciated
    Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

UCD's website does not do a good job in terms of what one could get out of a particular course?

Hear, hear. UCD has some excellent courses, but finding out about them from the website requires a degree in itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 allinorfold

Would you consider UCD's H.Dip in Actuarial Science?
    I know this course well and its very good. Obviously salary and job prospects are excellent.

I went to a talk on the Risk Management MSc, and it looks like a demanding course to say the least. Your given modules based on your previous experience. Given your backround, I'm guessing you would be required to do a lot of computer programming (Java, R, etc) if you were to take this course on. I'm assuming you've a good basis in Economics.

But yeah, it looks fantastic on your CV, I'm led to believe. You can either get 3 months work placement for the summer or do a research project which is a nice option to have. But, be prepared for a lot of statistical computing.

Have you looked into Actuarial Science? I'm doing the MSc. in Actuarial Science in Heriot Watt, Edinburgh.

Advertisement