Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute Halloween costumes

Options
  • 28-10-2009 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

For anyone like me that didnt get a costume sooner, where are the best last minute places to go to for a good halloween outfit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Smyths, Joke Shop, ...

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Steamer

Make it!! DIY is always best.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 heinze

just went past the joke shop and the queue is down the stairs and up the street already today, same thing yesterday... i think DIY is the only thing you can do unless you are lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Barry_Scott

heinze wrote: »
    just went past the joke shop and the queue is down the stairs and up the street already today, same thing yesterday... i think DIY is the only thing you can do unless you are lucky!

Any ideas of a good homemade costume using stuff I could pick up in the likes of Dunnes and other shops round the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

O'Beirns pharmacy across from the Bierhaus sell facepaints, fake blood, liquid latex etc which might help with inspiration!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭poppyfields

White Doctors Coat and a saw, then say you've come as one of the Saw Doctors!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

Bin bag + Witches hat. Tell everyone you're going as an 8 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Atlantic Homecare have costumes for a tenner..doctors, nurses, witches etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

If you know somebody in a hospital they might get you surgery scrubs.
    Make up a dummy Doctor badge. Maybe even borrow a stethoscope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I stuck a chamber pot on my head and had a 'sceptre' mace with toilet paper on the head and proclaimed myself the 'monarch of po-land'.
    This is a true story.
    I was 10.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Get a roll of red ribbon and some cardboard the size of an A4 sheet. Wrap the ribbon around yourself once or twice and then make a big bow, attach the cardboard to the bow and write "To: Women. From: God." on it. There ya go, God's gift to women all for under a tenner. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i have that on a tshirt. from tshirt hell dot com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 bellat99

write the word: Book on your face and you can go as "Face book" .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭emee

get a bottle of cilit bang, a shiny penny and go as Barry Scott!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 m.anna

Take few rolls of bandage and wrap yourself and there you go mummy :D no "how to do my hair" problem :D

Advertisement