Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB brilliant over last week

• 28-10-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Over the last several months my Eircom BB(3MB) had been terrible. What started off as a fairly good 3MB service degraded terribly and I have outlined my issues on other threads here so I won't go into the details again. I was so pissed off with it I did not even bother ringing customer support as calls to CS before did not yeild much. However over the last week(since last Fri) the service has been brilliant, 2577kbps download and 325kbps upload. Now I know this is just normal for a 3MB connection but after months of having poor speeds this is great. I can't help thinking Eircom must be overhauling their service, installing new equiptment or something. I am on the Blanchardstown exchange Dub 15 and wonder has anybody else experienced this. I hope it's not a temporary blip.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

Same here in blanch, speedtest isnt working well isnt for me, still giving me 4-5mb. But im getting around 6mb which is as good as you`ll get of a 7mb package.

Funny how we are happy and joyful over getting what we pay for lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'm in Blanch too and I'm having a nightmare of a time with my BB. My DNS keeps failing so the connection is timing out. Absolute nightmare, really wanna jump ship to NTL!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,842 ✭✭✭jeffk

Open dns, sure its the only way, I got sick of that timing out crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah I keep meaning to switch to that. Off I go, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Yes, change to opendns. Much more reliable.

Also test your speed on http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/fosdem-video/2006/

Just download one of the large files and see what speed windows reports.

Shane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭dacookie

Mines been terrible last 2 days.Ive gone from 30 ping to 600 ping.:mad:

Im in Rathgar Dublin 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

My Eircom is abysmal.

Paying for 7 meg connection and getting about 2 meg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

What is your router sync at?

Go to http://192.168.1.254/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Pings gone to ****e today, midlands region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭yy885

i am living in Cork, and using the 3mb package.the downloading speed is so terrible in the past few days.especially 1700-2200. usualy d.speed would be around 200-300kb but in this period of time its down to 15-45kb. this is unacceptable but i counldnt do anything about it as i dont have the password to go in there and change to open dns.:(

btw that d.speed make me remember the old days (12 or 13 years ago) with 56kbps and the time that i need to download a 113 mb file for my work.it took me age years to finish. its a nightmare compare to now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement