Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Micro Scooter (Kickboard)

Options
  • 28-10-2009 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I was at the ideal homes exhibition last Friday and picked up this neat outdoor toy for the kids. One for the little fella (2.5 years) and one for the eldest girl (5 years), they are called kickboards - kind of like a cross between a skateboard and a scooter.

Took the kids up to Shanganna park on Sunday, it has a 2km tar track and we scooted for hours there - by the end of the day the little guy was an expert scooting around with his back foot up nearly touching his back.

Has anybody else used these items? Would like to know if there is any place that kids gather to have fun together on them anywhere in the Dublin-Wicklow area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Outdoor_Freak

Hi Evergreen,

We have two of those mini scooters for our kids (aged 3 and 5), they are the little blue (or pink) scooters with two wheels on the front, right?

I seen them for sale in Avoca for €79 but thought that it was too much until we were in London where they were selling for £75.00 in Harrods :eek:

John Lewis were also selling them but a much more respectable price of £50.00 so we picked up two of them and the kids have never been off them since.

Was that an Irish company selling the scooters at the ideal homes exhibition? Where they selling at extorsionate prices like most Irish companies tend to do?

I think the idea of starting a gathering for kids sounds great :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Evergreen's selling scooters on his/her website, then starts a thread about how great they are, and then a brand new single-post user starts talking about other's "extorsionate" price points which are, funnily enough, much higher than Evergreen's...

Looks legit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

Those are the ones alright - I found a cool video on youtube about 2 mintues long here is a link to it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBoSU1K6EQE&feature=player_embedded

The company at the Ideal Homes was from Wicklow as far as I can remember, they were charging EUR 60 for the mini micro scooter and EUR 100 for the maxi micro scooter which is well below what they are charging in Dublin shops.

The best price that I seen on the web was for STG£45.00 but with the £15 postage charge and exchange rate the delivered cost was working out at nearly EUR 70.00

The website for the guys at the show was www.microscooters.ie

Apparently there are adult versions of these as well, the girl at the show said that she was hoping to have some in by the end of November

Evergreen wrote: »
    The website for the guys at the show was www.microscooters.ie

The guys at the show, eh?

attachment.php?attachmentid=94622&stc=1&d=1256744227

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

domain: microscooters.ie
    descr: Evergreen Energy Limited

domain: evergreenenergy.ie
    descr: Evergreen Energy Ltd

Mad coincidence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

Donny5 wrote: »
    Evergreen's selling scooters on his/her website, then starts a thread about how great they are, and then a brand new single-post user starts talking about other's "extorsionate" price points which are, funnily enough, much higher than Evergreen's...

It was the guys at the show, a very pretty female one in fact :D

As you can see from our website we only deal in solar panels, wood pellet boilers and other plumbing related products. If it offends you so much that I have to a product that I like very much on our website then I will remove it.

However, my original question still stands.............

Are there any groups getting together for meetings with their kids in the Dublin-Wicklow area?

Evergreen wrote: »
    It was the guys at the show, a very pretty female one in fact :D

As you can see from our website we only deal in solar panels, wood pellet boilers and other plumbing related products. If it offends you so much that I have to a product that I like very much on our website then I will remove it.

However, my original question still stands.............

Are there any groups getting together for meetings with their kids in the Dublin-Wicklow area?

Well, that's just a lie, seeing as Evergreen Energy Limited also owns the microscooters.ie domain name, as seen here, as pointed out by Roen above.

Curiously silent here, now.

Advertisement