Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing my nokia n95 8gig with a nokia e52.

• 28-10-2009 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

Any thoughts on doing this?

Network / cost / source etc isn't my concern. My concern is the technical comparison.

I use gps, email, internet, music, calls and massive amounts of sms on my phone currently.

I don't use the video recording much but recognise how good it is when i do.

I use the camera when on holidays etc. I don't have another camera.

My main concern and the main reason not to go for a nokia e52 to replace my n95 8gig is the camera. Am i really going to notice such a massive difference? I've looked around the web at the various reviews and i guess at this point i'm looking for someone to try and convince me either way.

I'm not too concerned with the memory as i'd be happy with a large memory card.

The form factor of the e52 seems to be my main reason for wanting it.

Am i missing anything? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Any reason you want to ditch the n95? Thought you were gonna get the n97.

Have you considered the E55, or the E72?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

The E series aren't known for their great camera capabilities, so I'd recommend you rethink your plans. Are you settled on the E52's form factor or are you open to suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

there is no red version of the e52 does that not bother you a bit? omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Camera-wise I went down to a 5800 from an N82 but the poor quality of any indoor pics drove me to sell it on. You'd be surprised how annoying it is after a decent N series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Im in the same situation but am thinknig of Nokia E71 or just wait until E72 come out. N95 8gb is best phone I had by far but am getting little bored of it. Cant seem to download apps anymore for some reason.... Just hope qwerty keyboard is not too hard to get used to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I want something different that the n95 8gb. It's never let me down I just like the form factor of the e52.

I had the n97. That was sold a week later. Touch screen and me don't mix.

I don't like or want a qwerty style keyboard either.

I always liked the e51 and the camera was the main reason I dumped it at the time.

I am of course open to suggestions but it has to be Nokia Symbian and fit the various criteria above. As it stands though I'm really looking for someone to convince me to buy the e52 or not buy it .. you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

I'm looking to get this phone too great battery life and the form factor is what drew me to this phone. I've read most of the review on this phone, the camera isn't the best but a lot lot better than the E51. I've been looking for another phone with all the features of the E52 and the same size but with a better camera and it just doesn't exist!(if i've missed it please let me know cause i'd buy it ) Personally I think it's hard to beat this phone :)

Random wrote: »
    I want something different that the n95 8gb. It's never let me down I just like the form factor of the e52.

I had the n97. That was sold a week later. Touch screen and me don't mix.

I don't like or want a qwerty style keyboard either.

I always liked the e51 and the camera was the main reason I dumped it at the time.

I am of course open to suggestions but it has to be Nokia Symbian and fit the various criteria above. As it stands though I'm really looking for someone to convince me to buy the e52 or not buy it .. you know?

What about the N86? I know it's not the exact same form factor as the E52, as the form factor is slide, but it's near enough, has a great camera, is a Nokia Symbian handset and offers all the functionality of the E52 and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Rsaeire wrote: »
    What about the N86? I know it's not the exact same form factor as the E52, as the form factor is slide, but it's near enough, has a great camera, is a Nokia Symbian handset and offers all the functionality of the E52 and more.
    Doesn't really fit the bill. I may as well keep the n95 as it's similiar size, it's heavier and pretty much the same features?

Random wrote: »
    Doesn't really fit the bill. I may as well keep the n95 as it's similiar size, it's heavier and pretty much the same features?

I thought you might've been bored of your N95 8GB and were looking for a change, so I thought the N86 would've been a nice update.

I don't see any other options available to you unfortunately, as your criteria narrows the choices considerably. My main concern regarding the E52 was the lacklustre camera quality, but if you think the sample shots, for example on GSMArena, are good enough, then I'd say go for that handset.

• Advertisement
Advertisement