Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

South East Asia Visa----PLEASE HELP!

• 28-10-2009 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi guys, im just wondering if its possible to get your vietnam visa sorted at Honai airport when you arrive??
    Also, is it possible to get visas for cambodia and laos sorted whilst in vietnam.
    How much would they be?
    I know you can get them at borders but the reason im asking is that im hoping to do a tour that starts in vietnam and goes to all of those countries and i need to have visas organized before the tour starts..
    Any advice would be much appreciated:)thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

You will need to get your visa organized before entering Vietnam. You can arrange it before hand through one of the visa sites and you need to present an approval letter on arrival that they get for you. Some may be even done electronically through your passport.

And yeah you can get your visas for both Laos and Cambodia in Vietnam. Any of the guesthouses in the bigger cities usually do the service. Or you can just just get them both on the border cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

i got my visa for veitnam in london just go onto veitnam embassy website in london print off the form and sent it to london with the fee and you get it back in 2 weeks you get the other 2 visas on border even with a tour (intrepid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

jus wrote: »
    i got my visa for veitnam in london just go onto veitnam embassy website in london print off the form and sent it to london with the fee and you get it back in 2 weeks you get the other 2 visas on border even with a tour (intrepid)

Thank you very much sir.
    May I ask how much the visa cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Vietnam visa via london. You can do a one-day form drop off and collect (you have to fax them in advance) or go for the postal option. £35-55 http://visavietnam.co.uk/

Cambodia - apply online, $25, organise it in advance - http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx

Laos - get it on arrival at recognaised entry points - $35-55

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Dante09 wrote: »
    Thank you very much sir.

Cheap enough I think,I got my Vietnam and Laos visa's in Bangkok,you gotta be careful if you're going to do it that way though.Such a rigmarole we had getting our passports back and money that was owed to us.For piece of mind I'd do it through the London embassy if you have time.

Cambodia you can get on the border?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Dante09

thank you kindly

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭jus

Dante09 wrote: »
    Thank you very much sir.

36 pounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Happy Eater

TJJP wrote: »
    Cambodia - apply online, $25, organise it in advance - http://evisa.mfaic.gov.kh/e-visa/vindex.aspx

Don't bother. Cambodia visa on arrival. USD$20 at Phnom Penh airport or extortionately THB1,000 on Thai land border (if it isn't shut down by the time you arrive!). Bring a passport photo or they'll sting you for a dollar or two "photocopy" fee.

Enjoy!

Advertisement