Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 + Wireless Adapter Complatibilities

• 28-10-2009 4:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,
    I've got a SMCWPCIT-G EU EZ Connect g Wireless PCI Card http://www.amazon.co.uk/SMC-Networks-SMCWPCIT-G-108Mbps-Wireless/dp/B000ARUYNQ

For Win 7 drivers, I was directed to the SMC website where I was advised to install the Vista 64bit drivers.
    I ran the setup.exe and that wireless card still appears as an unknown device in Win 7. I was pulling my hair out last nite so I blitzed the Win 7 64bit install for the 32bit but that gives the same results.

Is there anyone else having trouble with intalling drivers for pci wireless adapters?

The driver package contains the following files (64bit version)

athrextx.cat
    athrx.sys
    netathrx.inf

FYI this wireless card was working up till last week with Vista 64.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

yea I could not get my belkin wireless g desktop card to work.
    every thing i could find said to use the vista 64 drivers but i could not get it to work.
    I just setup a bridge to my laptop over cat5 and use my wireless in my laptop.
    works fine only have to have my laptop on but have it on all the time anyway.
    hopefully they will fix the drivers but prob will have to buy a new card
    depends on if they bother fixing old cards to work with win7

Coyote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Coyote i had the same problem with my belkin too, http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/7989-belkin-f5d9050-driver-issues.html the last post on that thread. Got it working fine shortly after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Right,
    I've discovered that the PCI card uses a Atheros chipset (AR5212 I think).
    After a bit of trial and error I found a driver for an atheros card that successfully started the card and I can finally connect.
    Dont know how stable it will be but it will hopefully do until I get a new one.

Advertisement