Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rottweiler info

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

lrushe wrote: »
    Is there anything cuter than a Rottie pup:D
    Congrats on the new member of you're family, will look forward to seeing some more pics when he settles in.

Nope as cute as they get! I'm only dyibg to get my little(big) puppy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

garkane wrote: »
    Nope as cute as they get! I'm only dyibg to get my little(big) puppy

My girl is almost 16 months and I can still remember picking her up like it was yesterday, thought I'd never get her home :)
    Enjoy him, they grow up so fast!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Lyka_01

I am really glad to came in this thread because I learn more things about Rottweiler breed. I have so negative information about this breed before they say it is aggressive dog breed but I guess it depends on how you raise it.

Lyka_01 wrote: »
    I am really glad to came in this thread because I learn more things about Rottweiler breed. I have so negative information about this breed before they say it is aggressive dog breed but I guess it depends on how you raise it.

Thanks for the input, its always good to hear more positive comments about the rottwieler! There are far too much negative comments/information about our dogs! Are you thinking about getting one..?

first day at home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Awh wow, hes fab, a little beauty. What did you call him?

forgot that! Buddy is his name, and he's currently having a little dream running session here beside me lol

forgot that! Buddy is his name, and he's currently having a little dream running session here beside me lol

Awh, how cute. Best of luck with him. Just shout if you need to know anything.
    Did you make it to the show on saturday?

i was working nights but had to go back in again on saturday morning! i was raging that i couldnt make it

i was working nights but had to go back in again on saturday morning! i was raging that i couldnt make it

Ah not to worry, there will be plenty more to go to anyway.

• Advertisement

first day at home!

Ahh brings back memories :)
    Best of luck with him, he's adorable!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭carleigh

We have a 2 year old Rottie called Benson who is just the sweetest thing! He gives kisses, plays with my boyfriends nieces, even the new puppies that arrived a few weeks ago! Such a softie!

Benson.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭greenybaby

I had a rottie for just over a year, best dog in the world, he went with my ex when we split but to this day the dog still knows who i am(after 3 years) and still protects me if people start messing about with me, like the guys in the warehouse where the dog is now are always messing around with me to see what the dog will do.

great dog is all i can say, treat it with respect and you will get it back, oh also great with kids!

buddy at 4mths on sandymount beach :D

He looks fab Garkane, maturing really nice. Has fab dark eyes, he looks like hes going to be really nice dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

buddy at 4mths on sandymount beach :D

Gasp, that restricted breed dog is unleashed and unmuzzled on a beach! Where are my pearls that I may clutch them and have the vapours?! Because he is clearly going to dazzle us all with those adorable eyes and have us give him loads of treats. :)

What a beauty.

andreac wrote: »
    He looks fab Garkane, maturing really nice. Has fab dark eyes, he looks like hes going to be really nice dog.
    LucyBliss wrote: »
    Gasp, that restricted breed dog is unleashed and unmuzzled on a beach! Where are my pearls that I may clutch them and have the vapours?! Because he is clearly going to dazzle us all with those adorable eyes and have us give him loads of treats. :)

What a beauty.

thanks to you both

yeah andrea his eyes are so dark, and on that note lucy it is actually time i start putting a muzzle on him, such a pity tho, he wouldnt hurt a fly!!

thanks to you both

yeah andrea his eyes are so dark, and on that note lucy it is actually time i start putting a muzzle on him, such a pity tho, he wouldnt hurt a fly!!
    Personally i wouldnt muzzle him, but get a dogmatic headcollar instead as it goes over the nose and is great for control.
    I dont muzzle my rotties but my male wears his dogmatic all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

He's gorgeous :)

thanks koneko ;)

andrea i assumed i'd have to fully muzzle him(didnt want anyone thinking he was gona eat them:p)

p.s the looks i get when i tell people he's a pure breed rottie, they keep asking is he a mix because he's still got his tail :D there's even a few asking whet breed is he

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

I was wondering about that, andreac, when I saw the dogmatic headcollar as regards muzzling a dog. I'm asking this out of genuine curiosity, do you ever worry about or have you had people come up and say you should muzzle the dog or had any encounters with the 'authorities'? I am considering getting a rottweiler in the future (I have three young dogs at the moment and I think that's just enough for now!) and I'd like to be informed about what a person can and can't get away with as regards muzzling, which I don't particularly care for unless it's extenuating circumstances.

thanks koneko ;)

andrea i assumed i'd have to fully muzzle him(didnt want anyone thinking he was gona eat them:p)

p.s the looks i get when i tell people he's a pure breed rottie, they keep asking is he a mix because he's still got his tail :D there's even a few asking whet breed is he

Well obv the law states you have to muzzle them but i refuse to muzzle my dog, end of. If i ever get stopped ill reconsider, but my fella has his dogmatic on every walk and thats all ill ever put on him.

I was wondering about that, andreac, when I saw the dogmatic headcollar as regards muzzling a dog. I'm asking this out of genuine curiosity, do you ever worry about or have you had people come up and say you should muzzle the dog or had any encounters with the 'authorities'? I am considering getting a rottweiler in the future (I have three young dogs at the moment and I think that's just enough for now!) and I'd like to be informed about what a person can and can't get away with as regards muzzling, which I don't particularly care for unless it's extenuating circumstances.

I have never been stopped by anyone from the authorities about him not being muzzled.
    I did however have one ignorant busybody who questioned it a few years ago when my fella wasnt even near her, was on his lead with his dogmatic on. I told her to report me to the dog warden if she wanted.

i'm personally totally against muzzling too, just didnt want any of those uneducated people hassling me about him, it hasnt happened yet so i think i'll take your stance andrea and not muzzle him unless i get told to :)

i'm personally totally against muzzling too, just didnt want any of those uneducated people hassling me about him, it hasnt happened yet so i think i'll take your stance andrea and not muzzle him unless i get told to :)

I would maybe carry one with you or at least get a halti or dogmatic headcollar to wear at all times as it goes over the muzzle and you have more control over him at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

There have been discussions that some wardens accept the dogmatic or halti as a muzzle.

I was wondering about that, andreac, when I saw the dogmatic headcollar as regards muzzling a dog. I'm asking this out of genuine curiosity, do you ever worry about or have you had people come up and say you should muzzle the dog or had any encounters with the 'authorities'? .

Brook wore her dogmatic headcollar to the Pet Expo last year where people on the gate were checking for muzzles on restricted breeds, they never questioned the dogmatic headcollar.

what food have you all got your monsters on? :p

what food have you all got your monsters on? :p

Ive got mine on Clinivet, its ordered online and delivered directly to you, no charge for delivery either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Our beast is on Hills Science Plan, not cheap but it's the only thing that keeps her poo's nice and solid :D

she also gets a little bit of tuna mixed into her food

Advertisement