Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any ideas where Rally Ireland will be in 2011?

• 28-10-2009 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Does anybody know where Rally Ireland is going to be held in 2011 seen as MI has put Sligo out of the equation because they ripped us all of over there? It still has to be cross-border I presume?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

hge19 wrote: »
    Does anybody know where Rally Ireland is going to be held in 2011 seen as MI has put Sligo out of the equation because they ripped us all of over there? It still has to be cross-border I presume?

Yeah it's always going to be cross border.

There was talk of them basing the rally hq in Belfast as far as I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

As Rally Ireland is run mainly by M I , the HQ will always be in the south with cross-border stages .It may be based in Dundalk/Drogheda area .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭hi_sir

i think yer jumping ahead of yourselves ther it has not been confirmed that it is moving the bigger concern is that we may not have a rally ireland in the future as the new fia presedent jan todt may punnish us for supporting ari in the race,and remember if ari won john naylor would have been one of his vice presedents and todt has commented that he would sort out the countries that went again him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

hi_sir wrote: »
    i think yer jumping ahead of yourselves ther it has not been confirmed that it is moving the bigger concern is that we may not have a rally ireland in the future as the new fia presedent jan todt may punnish us for supporting ari in the race,and remember if ari won john naylor would have been one of his vice presedents and todt has commented that he would sort out the countries that went again him

They don't call the little bastard Napoleon for nothing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

hi_sir wrote: »
    This seems to indicated that Todt isn't going to exercise the Stalinist purges that have been postulated elsewhere, so who knows?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

Hoping that Rally Ireland does indeed make it into the calendar for 2011.

- New FIA President
    - Operating losses not yet recovered
    - FIA preferring move to area which could prove problematic for this type & size of event

Advertisement