Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Malley Park Shooting

• 28-10-2009 5:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1028/limerick.html

No prizes for guessing who the shooter is. Will be interesting to see if the guards can find the weapon. It's safe to say that no one will give evidence in court against this man so if the victim does not pulll through, he could (again) walk free. Are we witnessing the beginning (or re-ignition) of yet another Limerick feud?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Heard the barest details of this on the radio earlier, it doesn't look good. Well, obviously...

Think I saw the army helicoptor out at lunch time, which may or may not be connected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Who is the shooter?pm it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

Who is the shooter?pm it

Just listen to the report. Who else could it be? There are further hints on the Limerick Blogger forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't name the person here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

All speculation regarding identities has been removed from the Limerick Blogger Forum too. Sure it'll be on the news by nine o'clock tonight anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Same old same old. If the shooter is who it is being hinted that it is, it just shows what a joke the local gardai and courts are.

A guy who has been arrested already this year for various incidents from assault to shootings, and still on the street to get hauled in today by the Roxboro gardai.

I suppose the girl who was caught with the pipe bomb on Monday will only get a slap on the wrist too. :rolleyes:

The timing is bad too as having a shooting and a bomb found in Limerick the same week as the tabloid show on TV3 tomorrow night will just reinforce the Limerick image.

Mr E wrote: »
    Please don't name the person here.

I won't. Should be in the news soon anyway. I am just speculating on how important finding the weapon will be to the Guards ability to bring charges. Although the testimony of the victim alone could be enough for a conviction( if he is willing to testify of course).

havent a clue mike.if you can pm it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

shaggy.jpg

Wasn't me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

havent a clue mike.if you can pm it

With all due respect, if you haven't a clue, a name won't make you any the wiser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

This the guy????

BushBinLaden.jpg

TV 3 has named the shooting victim as Micheal Lynch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

mike kelly wrote: »
    TV 3 has named the shooting victim as Micheal Lynch.

they also said not gang related. wonder what it was over?

bigwillie.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 cleveroli

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    bigwillie.jpg
    A right lookin gangster if ever I saw one!!!:D:D Thanks for the laugh!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The man arrested for the shooting is very well known mostly for the wrong reasons.

The man arrested for the shooting is very well known mostly for the wrong reasons.

Hadn't heard there'd been arrest. Good to see there's quick progress being made.

An File wrote: »
    Hadn't heard there'd been arrest. Good to see there's quick progress being made.

As far as I know he is being questioned but I have not heard anything about charges being brought. Haven't seen any update on the Garda investigation so far. If they don't find the weapon I think that they will find it very difficult to make a case against him.

He has some good points and is liked by many people in Southhill.

• Advertisement

:eek: :eek:

I was only joking when I implied it was Willie O'Dea

He has some good points and is liked by many people in Southhill.

I hope this is sarcasm.

Plenty of scum probably have good points and are liked by some people, does not make them any less of a criminal though.

A man with the past convictions of the guy being questioned should not be out walking the streets, he should be behind bars or with any luck, one of his fellow pieces of scum will put a bullet in him.

Scum killing scum is no problem in my eyes, it is only when they start killing non criminals that it becomes a problem.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I hope this is sarcasm.

Plenty of scum probably have good points and are liked by some people, does not make them any less of a criminal though.

A man with the past convictions of the guy being questioned should not be out walking the streets, he should be behind bars or with any luck, one of his fellow pieces of scum will put a bullet in him.

Scum killing scum is no problem in my eyes, it is only when they start killing non criminals that it becomes a problem.

Well said kess,

Mike kelly if you know these scum pass the info to the guards

The guards have all the info they need. See

http://www.limericknewswire.com

So his name can be mentioned here now, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

that was the guy that was shot thinking, of when he rapped on that door before 8 o clock in the morning, one would hardly hardly expect tea and toast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

he was charged so his name should be ok to mention

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

is it The One Who Must Not Be Named or what's the fuss about the name?

Here's the name: Anthony Kelly.

So.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/Anthony-Kelly-charged-following-Southill.5780154.jp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

its lord voldemort dam it:D

old boy wrote: »
    that was the guy that was shot thinking, of when he rapped on that door before 8 o clock in the morning, one would hardly hardly expect tea and toast.

Lol, he should have gone to Supermacs instead

• Advertisement

Lol, he should have gone to Supermacs instead

Well going by what happened to a boardsie when he was at the station that Supermacs is built onto a week or two ago, it would not have been much safer.

Advertisement