Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Malley Park Shooting

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Why do you have to know everything?

Any thread about anything to do with crime in Limerick, pm me their details, who is it, what street etc etc etc

Sorry itsdacraic didnt mean to come across like that,just a someone in my family got attcked by the Caseys and have some relatives living near other scum families.Also where i live in raheen there is a landlord that rents to the HSE so we have had 2 bad families there in the last 12 months

sorry:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 speakingclock

im only raging cos the sibin is closed. long live the sibin. . i am gasping. go gringo go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭mike kelly

is this case still ongoing? The last news I have on it is this

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

mike kelly wrote: »
    is this case still ongoing? The last news I have on it is this

As far as I'm aware this case is still before the courts, so unfortunately I'm going to have to temp. lock this thread. I'll open it again as soon as I can.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

As far as I'm aware this case is still before the courts, so unfortunately I'm going to have to temp. lock this thread. I'll open it again as soon as I can.

Thread re-opened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Whats the story here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

Thread re-opened.
    why ?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

cant believe the scumbag will probably walk for it

did not the wepon get found out in county

flutered wrote: »
    why ?.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/anthony-kelly-acquitted-at-limerick-circuit-court-trial/8332c490-d883-4aad-abaf-3bd5fbce7bf5

Link supplied to me by the poster mike kelly. Thought he would have posted here by now, seeing as he PMed me to open the thing...

• Advertisement

well I was away on holidays for a few days. It tells it's own story that it took so long for the court to deliver a verdict.

Good to see that Anthony got off, Southhill needs him.

how did the dpp expect to get a conviction, using for evidence ie a gun that could not be traced back to the defendant, southill will remain the same the people from the halting site will have to wait another while to rule the roost, if the defendant had been convicted there would have been a lot of grief in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The defence had described the garda investigation as dishonest, sloppy, incompetent and unreliable.

Interesting to see that the Gardaí's ongoing 'blind-eye policy' on certain areas of Limerick is now announced as a matter of stated fact during court proceedings.

- I wonder if someone stood up in the public Gallery and yelled "No, Boo - Garda bashing, etc. etc." as a valid response to make the issue just go away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I think it is a sad state of affairs that one criminal staying in an area is seen as a good thing thanks to there being even more evil types in the same area that would get worse if the first criminal was put away.

Methinks the area would be better served if the whole damn lot was put away.

On a semi related note (in that one of those on trial is involved), it is interesting that there was no fuss made over the fact that the person who caused the security alert in the Eason store in town and who caused the Paul Williams book signing to be cancelled was none other than Anthony Kelly.

Good to see that Mr Kelly feels that he can turn out where he wants (on private property in the case of the Eason store) to confront people. I'm sure the staff in the shop really appreciated being in a situation that required the armed response team to arrive.

Kess73 wrote: »
    I think it is a sad state of affairs that one criminal staying in an area is seen as a good thing thanks to there being even more evil types in the same area that would get worse if the first criminal was put away.

On a semi related note (in that one of those on trial is involved), it is interesting that there was no fuss made over the fact that the person who caused the security alert in the Eason store in town and who caused the Paul Williams book signing to be cancelled was none other than Anthony Kelly.

Good to see that Mr Kelly feels that he can turn out where he wants (on private property in the case of the Eason store) to confront people. I'm sure the staff in the shop really appreciated being in a situation that required the armed response team to arrive.

now that is a horse of a different colour.

flutered wrote: »
    now that is a horse of a different colour.

Ahh a touch of Shakespeare is always appreciated. :D

But it is not too radical a jump from the topic in hand, plus it is something that has been reported on in the printed media and had some of the involved parties pass comment on Live95FM so it is not speculation.

It just seems a bit rich to me that an individual who tries to paint an image of a law abiding citizen (despite being caught and found guilty of other crimes in recent times) has no problem in thinking that he can publicly cause hassle and fear in a city store, not to mention the cost of wasting police resources in casuing the armed response teams to be called out, when he decides that he can just confront another person when it suits him.

Even more laughable is the fact that a man with a nice long criminal record can have his defense start that the Gardai are dishonest.

I just feel that it is a sad day when one criminal staying in an area is seen as as a good thing due to there being worse criminals in the same area. The only people I feel for are the many decent folk, who would make up the bulk of the population in the area, that have to share the area with both sets.

Did Anthony Kelly actually turn up in Easons? I thought Paul Williams just cancelled the event because Anthony announced he would be asking about some of the lies Williams wrote in his book. Paul Williams is just a mouthpiece for the more conservative gardai on the force, those who blame everything on the IRA and patrol working class areas in the way the Israelis patrol the West Bank. The gardai opposed Mikey Kelly's peace deal but have no problems doing deals themselves with the Caseys.

Ahh a touch of Shakespeare is always appreciated. :D

But it is not too radical a jump from the topic in hand, plus it is something that has been reported on in the printed media and had some of the involved parties pass comment on Live95FM so it is not speculation.

It just seems a bit rich to me that an individual who tries to paint an image of a law abiding citizen (despite being caught and found guilty of other crimes in recent times) has no problem in thinking that he can publicly cause hassle and fear in a city store, not to mention the cost of wasting police resources in casuing the armed response teams to be called out, when he decides that he can just confront another person when it suits him.

Even more laughable is the fact that a man with a nice long criminal record can have his defense start that the Gardai are dishonest.

I just feel that it is a sad day when one criminal staying in an area is seen as as a good thing due to there being worse criminals in the same area. The only people I feel for are the many decent folk, who would make up the bulk of the population in the area, that have to share the area with both sets.

Apart from running a sheebeen, what has Anthony Kelly been found guilty of?

keeping the caseys under control, after all did not a former cabinet minister give some of caseys a reference regarding a jail sentance, i am led to believe that a member of member of the gardai arrived to mrs casey snrs house with a court summons for a son of hers who died while in detention, of course this may be only urban ledgend

Did Anthony Kelly actually turn up in Easons? I thought Paul Williams just cancelled the event because Anthony announced he would be asking about some of the lies Williams wrote in his book. Paul Williams is just a mouthpiece for the more conservative gardai on the force, those who blame everything on the IRA and patrol working class areas in the way the Israelis patrol the West Bank. The gardai opposed Mikey Kelly's peace deal but have no problems doing deals themselves with the Caseys.

Paul Williams is a spoofer of the highest order. Delighted if Kelly put the sh1ts up him.

• Advertisement

The most recent thing I can think of is when he and his daughter were charged with burglary and trespassing into an apartment in the student village Castletroy when the tenants were out.

Funnily enough his solicitor came out and made negative comments about the gardai during that case as well, seems to be a stock defence for him to have the gardai criticized anytime he is caught and charged for something.

http://www.live95fm.ie/news/news-item/limerick-father-and-daughter-charged-with-burglary/008a0392-dc15-45fb-b4be-34f3f4d8ee66

I don't doubt that Kelly has a positive impact in preventing members of a certain family from doing even more terrible acts than what they have already done, but I just think it is a poor reflection on society and the legal system that it becomes a case that one type staying in an area is seen as a good thing just because there is an even viler threat also floating about near that area.

Paul Williams is a spoofer of the highest order. Delighted if Kelly put the sh1ts up him.

I would have no time for the likes of Williams who profit from low level tabloid "journalism" and glorifying gangland scum, but I hardly see how another man being able to "put the sh1ts" up him and the fact that the gardai took it seriously based on who the other man is, is such a good thing.

Just as I have no time for the likes of Williams, I also have no time for the type who may see themselves as some kind of above the law hardmen and who may think that they can act as they like.

I would have no time for the likes of Williams who profit from low level tabloid "journalism" and glorifying gangland scum, but I hardly see how another man being able to "put the sh1ts" up him and the fact that the gardai took it seriously based on who the other man is, is such a good thing.

Just as I have no time for the likes of Williams, I also have no time for the type who may see themselves as some kind of above the law hardmen and who may think that they can act as they like.

Not saying it's such a great thing, just that I personally enjoy it.

Advertisement