Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a pre-paid SIM card for Canada

• 28-10-2009 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Off to Canada in 10 days or so, for 5 days.

Would like to get hold of a pre-paid SIM card so I can make calls over there to other Canadian numbers (and receive calls from home) without getting hosed for roaming fees. Preferably one with some data element (or at least reasonable data costs).

Where oh where can I get one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Why don't you buy one over there? Or buy a cheap cheap CDMA phone for the week. Heard Rogers Wireless is a good network there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭3DataModem

rizzee wrote: »
    Why don't you buy one over there? Or buy a cheap cheap CDMA phone for the week. Heard Rogers Wireless is a good network there.

Buying one over there is plan B, however I'd prefer to get hold of my number now simply to distribute it to the various contacts I'll be meeting over there so they can get hold of me etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,796 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ahh good point, I get yah now. Hmm I reckon Vodafone have the best deals for roaming, havn't looked into this in over 6months since I was last away so this could have changed (most likely) since then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement