Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores Grafton Street sharp practice

Options
  • 28-10-2009 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭

Dunnes Stores Grafton Street are selling 1 Litre Innocent Smoothies for €1.99. Now heres the thing. Inncoent have just brought out a new KiWi and apple smoothie. There is no price marked for this smoothie on the shelf. All of the Innocent €1.99 products are marked. is this just a mistake? Not on your life. The KiWi and apple smoothie is the only Innocent smoothie that is €3.99 when put through the till.
    Sharp practice or what?
    Do they really think that the public are stupid. I'm now On my way to Aldi.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Dunnes Stores Grafton Street

There's no Dunnes on Grafton St anymore. :confused:

Do you mean Exchequer St or Stephens Green?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

But Aldi don't sell Innocent Smoothies :)

btw it appears that all 1 LTR innocent smoothies are €3.99 and can be on offer from time to time. Not excusing a price not being displayed if that was the case but it's not that they were overcharging you by €2.00 versus the normal price.

According to Dunnes website they are all on special offer at €2.99 - perhaps the new flavour had been brought out after the promotion had been set up ?

http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=246

Appears that €1.99 is the RRP for the smaller 250ml bottle so looks like a lot of confusion there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

btw it appears that all 1 LTR innocent smoothies are €3.99 and can be on offer from time to time. Not excusing a price not being displayed if that was the case but it's not that they were overcharging you by €2.00 versus the normal price.

According to Dunnes website they are all on special offer at €2.99 - perhaps the new flavour had been brought out after the promotion had been set up ?

http://www.dunnesstores.ie/page.php?pid=246

Appears that €1.99 is the RRP for the smaller 250ml bottle so looks like a lot of confusion there. :)
    I meant Dunnes Stephens Green. close as damn it if you ask me.
    The 1 litre smoothies were in fact €1.99 in that store on Monday, check if you want. No confusion there buddy. If you are not fully certain about something, don't post.;)

I meant Dunnes Stephens Green. close as damn it if you ask me.
    The 1 litre smoothies were in fact €1.99 in that store on Monday, check if you want. No confusion there buddy. If you are not fully certain about something, don't post.;)

Firstly I never questioned your geographical skills. That was someone else.

But that said, following on from your own advice you shouldn't have posted yourself since you weren't fully certain where you were. ;)

And considering you think Stephens Green and Grafton St are as good as the same there's every likelyhood you got the labels wrong ( of course I'm not fully certain about that so I've probably broken your no post unless certain rule but hey I like to live dangerously ) :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Firstly I never questioned your geographical skills. That was someone else.

But that said, following on from your own advice you shouldn't have posted yourself since you weren't fully certain where you were. ;)

And considering you think Stephens Green and Grafton St are as good as the same there's every likelyhood you got the labels wrong ( of course I'm not fully certain about that so I've probably broken your no post unless certain rule but hey I like to live dangerously ) :P
    The advert for Stephens Green Shopping Centre reads (And I quote) "Where Grafton Street Begins".
    http://www.stephensgreen.com/
    And Wikipedia has "Stephen's Green Shopping Centre is a large indoor shopping centre located at the top of Grafton Street in the Southside of Dublin City"
    So I reiterate, If you are not sure of something, don't post.;)

Because they happen to form a junction. :D

So going by that for you every shop in stephens green shopping centre is on grafton st ? lol :pac:

Advertisement