Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phil Brown sacked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

good.

hate that fella.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

His Twitter page is ON FORM today though!

http://twitter.com/PBphilbrown

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Impossible! Sure just recently I read a whole report on him being a better manager than Rafa!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

It ain't over til the fake tanned goatee sings.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    His Twitter page is ON FORM today though!

http://twitter.com/PBphilbrown

Surely, that can't be real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭wynters

He was a dingbat anyway... Deserved it.

The most self-absorbed man ever to manage in the Premier League? That on-pitch half-time teamtalk was the crassest piece of management I've probably ever seen - Trying to make himself look good at the expense of the team. Idiot.

The singing in public / the clobber he wore / turning every journo's question into something about "Phil Brown" (speaking in the 3rd person)... ugggh!

Just a vile, slimey man. Glad he's gone.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Aww, what a shame...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Please be real

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He is probably going to be a pundit now. Ugh.

brown_phil_jumper.jpg

phil-brown-tache-thumb-425x300-88586.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Well the bookies have suspended all bets on him being the next manager to go so it looks like this is true. Speculation time folks. Who should replace him? Do you think Hull can stay up this season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

That Twitter page is hilarious :D
    Ah f*ck how am I gonna sell the house with the mirrored wall in the gym?

Listen Sky, I'd love to do an interview but I'd rather have type II diabetes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

There was a bookies representative just on Sky Sports news there, he confirmed the suspended betting and explained that there is a feeling that a story is about to break but no confirmation yet. Like all these suspended betting statements, I'll take it with a pinch of salf until there is confirmation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Gareth Southgate anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

If Hull are right theyl sack him (should of been done long ago imo) and get Alan Curbishley in. Such an under rated manager.

bullpost wrote: »
    Gareth Southgate anyone?
    Can't see that happening to be honest. Think they will go for someone with more experience. How is Joe Kinnear's ticker these days?

joe123 wrote: »
    If Hull are right theyl sack him (should of been done long ago imo) and get Alan Curbishley in. Such an under rated manager.
    Agreed. I don't think people realised how great of a job he was doing at Charlton until he left. He would be an awesome appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

It was on the muppet Andy Burton's twitter earlier as well
    # Think Phil Brown has left Hull. To be confirmed though...
    about 3 hours ago from TwitterBerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

JokerD wrote: »
    There was a bookies representative just on Sky Sports news there, he confirmed the suspended betting and explained that there is a feeling that a story is about to break but no confirmation yet. Like all these suspended betting statements, I'll take it with a pinch of salf until there is confirmation

I'd say it's more likely true if they suspend betting. I'm always suspicious when they cut odds as it just seems like a trick to get people on betting at silly odds thinking something's about to happen...

• Advertisement

Looks like they pulled that Twitter account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Hang on here lads. Their squad is crap. he was the one who pulled them from obscurity and got them promoted and then got everyone thinking that the club should be in the top 5 because he managed to drag the playoff promoted team (traditionally always the weaker) to that pinacle and get some amazing results. He kept them up last year, job done. He hasn't spent exorbatant amounts of money.

He's a victim of his own success. If Hull hadn't have plowed so far ahead last year then everyone would be satisfied with staying up and not being completely astray at this stage of the campaign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hull Statement: Phil Brown is not sacked and remains manager of Hull City.

Sky Sports News.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Was quite fond of him up to the celebrations when they stayed up last reason.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Hang on here lads. Their squad is crap. he was the one who pulled them from obscurity and got them promoted and then got everyone thinking that the club should be in the top 5 because he managed to drag the playoff promoted team (traditionally always the weaker) to that pinacle and get some amazing results. He kept them up last year, job done. He hasn't spent exorbatant amounts of money.

He's a victim of his own success. If Hull hadn't have plowed so far ahead last year then everyone would be satisfied with staying up and not being completely astray at this stage of the campaign

if he didnt come across as a bit of a knob who may or may not love the smell of his own farts this might not have occured either but i kinda agree with you in as much as he has not done a bad job at Hull and although I fear for their survival this year, you would expect a club like Hull to back him atm (as they seem to have done...atleast for now).

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭builttospill

magma69 wrote: »
    Speculation time folks. Who should replace him?

Rafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Hull have denied reports Phil Brown has been sacked as their manager.
    A number of bookmakers, including Paddy Power and William Hill, have suspended betting on Brown being the next Premier League manager to leave his job, while Dean Windass - the striker who fired Hull into the Barclays Premier League with the only goal in the play-off final victory in 2007 - has also called for the 50-year-old to depart the KC Stadium.
    However, a statement on the club's official website, www.hullcityafc.net, read: "Contrary to media speculation the club can confirm that Phil Brown has not been sacked and remains the manager of Hull City Football Club."
    Windass called for Brown to "get moved on" amid the mounting speculation over the Hull manager's future.
    Brown helped the club escape relegation in May but has eight points from 10 games in the current campaign, and they are only above Portsmouth and West Ham in the table.
    Windass, who left Hull in January, told talkSPORT magazine: "I think sometimes you need a fresh change. Phil's done a fantastic job since he's been there but I think it's time that he should get moved on and bring somebody else in."
    Windass, questioning whether the club can stay up this season, added: "It's going to be difficult. They're not getting results and they're struggling to score goals at the moment.
    "They need a 10-15 goal-a-year striker to get away from the bottom of the table. They've got a little mini-league at the moment and it's important they win games against teams in and around their league."
    Brown had earlier given an interview to a local newspaper insisting he would not quit the club, although rumours still started spreading about his future.
    There have also been concerns about the club's long-term financial position, stemming from accounts being published covering the year ending July 2008.
    In that 12 months Hull made a loss of nearly £10million as they won promotion to the Premier League via Windass' goal at Wembley.
    This does not include any figures from the club's first season in the top tier of English football, and the directors remain confident the next set of results will be much more positive.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/09/10/28/manual_180653.html&TEAMHD=soccer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

That PB twitter page is class:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Damn... I wanted him as manager of Newcastle. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

PBFAIL.JPG
    PBFAIL2.JPG
    PBFAIL3.JPG
    PBFAIL4.JPG
    PBFAIL5.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Was hoping it was true....just for that pink sweater he threw on his shoulders on Sky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Bubs101 wrote: »

One question. Have you seen the absolute poo they've been serving up this season? Christ it's as bad as Shels.

SantryRed wrote: »
    One question. Have you seen the absolute poo they've been serving up this season? Christ it's as bad as Shels.

They're squad is utter muck though and poor Phil lost his best player. I just think that he's done a great job with nothing going for him and he turned coal into diamonds for half of the season last year, in particular with Geovanni

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SantryRed wrote: »

Its still quite possible they'll stay up again though. Certainly there are feasibly 3 teams worse than them again this year. Which for a club like Hull, would be a MASSIVE success, for the second season running.

I think people are letting their personal dislike of Brown cloud their judgement of the more than decent job hes done at the clu so far. Just by still being in the league this season he has more than exceeded the expectations pretty much everyone had of him at the start of last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I think Brown is also suffering from a collective subconscious relativisation between himself and Pulis. Not just in terms of results and stability in the league, but also Pulis' reserved, unfashionable, no nonsense approach has positioned himself as almost the antithesis of how Brown handles his affairs. Compounding that with Stoke's success, I feel Brown is being dealt a harsher critique from all and sundry than he would otherwise have received.

In other words, if Stoke were pants, or Pulis wasn't such a stereotypical "football man's man", people wouldn't be half as harsh on Brown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This time last year the man was considered as good as any manager out there getting all the claps on his back, now he worst thing since cow dung

:D

This time last year the man was considered as good as any manager out there getting all the claps on his back, now he worst thing since cow dung

Succesful managers are allowed to be eccentric and extravagant but I think there's this idea that managers of small clubs should be hard as nails and no nonsense guys. If Jose was in Brown's position he'd be a figure of ridicule as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Anthony16

I know,its funny the difference a year makes.Brown is too cocky to last in the job.The pink sweater,that stupid earpiece,the half time team talk,the arrogatint laugh,the fake tan and the alternating beard are just a few reasons why i want him out:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

The talk on this mornings Sunday Supplement was that Steve Coppell will be installed as manager in the next two weeks. Hull are in serious debt and going down could be catastrophic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement