Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweedy Group - The Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Adyx wrote: »
    What? If The Tweedy Group or Bob Tweedy owes money than that's their (his) problem not the two businesses in question. I'd suggest you look up what receivership means.

Secondly what the examiner said about Bob taking 125k out of the Woodman was a barefaced lie. In absolutely no circumstances would that kind of cash be kept on the premises. This is a fact. To suggest otherwise is very dangerous imo. If Bob did get 125k from somewhere it wasn't from any of the businesses.

Why would the examiner lie.

Anyway its a cash business. Maybe they would have that money on a Monday morning, takings since Friday night.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2010/0305/breaking71.html

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Butternutz1

"Anyway its a cash business. Maybe they would have that money on a Monday morning, takings since Friday night."

I think if he took in that amount of money over a week end he wouldnt be in receivership.

From my experience even with an extremely busy week leading into a bank holiday weekend, The total takings for a late bar and Nightclub combined wouldnt take in that type of money.

I have to agree with ADYX on this.

(By the way to introduce myself formerly Butternutz long time reader:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Although...that was the week where
    Doozer were playing so 125k is not that hard to believe!

"Anyway its a cash business. Maybe they would have that money on a Monday morning, takings since Friday night."

I think if he took in that amount of money over a week end he wouldnt be in receivership.

From my experience even with an extremely busy week leading into a bank holiday weekend, The total takings for a late bar and Nightclub combined wouldnt take in that type of money.

I don't really know how much they would take in over a weekend. However, even if that is a lot for the trade, how much was going out? You can have a huge turnover and still make a loss.

Also if the group had cashflow issues, wouldn't it make sense to keep some cash on hand rather than put it in the bank. The bank can stop an overdraft at any time.

But most importantly, why would the examiner lie?
    And where did Mr. T deny taking the money? As far as I know there was nothing illegal about taking the money, though whether it was moral or not is a different issue.

In the Irish Times article it doesn't say the €125k was taken all in one go. It notes at one point €25,000 went to a company Mr T owns and €35k to Mr T himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Although...that was the week where
    Doozer were playing so 125k is not that hard to believe!

True, they are a very good band. ;)
    dayshah wrote: »
    I don't really know how much they would take in over a weekend. However, even if that is a lot for the trade, how much was going out? You can have a huge turnover and still make a loss.

Also if the group had cashflow issues, wouldn't it make sense to keep some cash on hand rather than put it in the bank. The bank can stop an overdraft at any time.

But most importantly, why would the examiner lie?
    And where did Mr. T deny taking the money? As far as I know there was nothing illegal about taking the money, though whether it was moral or not is a different issue.

In the Irish Times article it doesn't say the €125k was taken all in one go. It notes at one point €25,000 went to a company Mr T owns and €35k to Mr T himself.

The examiner would lie because Bob was bring him to court over his handling of the examinership.

Neither Ruby's or Muldoon's would take in anything like €1250000 even in a week. Even if it was €25000 here and €35000 there, there wouldn't be that kind of cash left on the premises. All takings are lodged to the bank everyday (including Sat & Sun) for security and insurance reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackstufflad

I dont know why the examiner would lie because he was brought in to do the best for the business. And in the paper there was nothing about mr T disputing this figure or the incident. I have not looked at the turnover of any of these businesses , rubys , muldoons , masons , oscars , or the woodmans bar. But I would think that some of them in the good times must have been turning over more than a millon euro a year , so in a good week that figure may have been possible , Christmas for instance would have been busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

guys while niether me nor any of you know for absolute sure if he took money out of the business the fact is none of those premises were bringing in anything like that in a week and as ADYX, a self proclaimed tweedy employee, said the money is lodged daily so he would have had to be taking out the money about a hundred euro a time and for him to do this for it to add up to 125k? i mean its just absurd to think it was going on.

And on another note, the examiner was 'allegedly' (gotta love that word!:p) in cahoots with the dinn ri crowd and was therefore NOT working in the best interests of TG but was working in the best interests of an external force, and this is the reason Bob is bringing him to court.
    These two reasons combined makes a very good reason for the examiner to lie about the 'Alleged' 125k debacle.

Ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Muldoons/Merlins,used to do 136k a week,this went up by 20-25k on a bank hoilday weekend as sunday take was same as saturday's take.
    Preachers when it opened first was doing 36-40k a week,4 nights a week and not including pulpit take or door money,massive turnover at the time.Publicians want door money because it is almost tax free,why do you think they settled country wide with ppi so fast they did not want spotlight on the doormoney (no pun intended).

yea but in all fairness dats a long time ago tho it hasnt been near that in a looooong time

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

but they still get their freebies
    100 kegs=10 free
    100 coke=25 free
    100 cases longnecks=10 free
    the turnover may not be as large now but i am sure the mark up is better.
    125k is not unrealistic cash amount to have in the late night entertainment industry,when you take into account till float's and coin orders for TG venues,about 15-20k per venue and why do you think cloakroom is compulsery 90% of time,cash in hand.It's all about the cash

• Advertisement

100 kegs=10 free
    100 coke=25 free
    125k is not unrealistic cash amount to have in the late night entertainment industry,when you take into account till float's and coin orders for TG venues,about 15-20k per venue and why do you think cloakroom is compulsery 90% of time,cash in hand.It's all about the cash

i work for the main supplier to the TG.
    im not sure about the kegs, i think they only get the free kegs coming up to events such as spraoi and xmas as an incentive to get their orders in earlier. But i know for sure they do not get the free L/N's and i'm fairly sure they dont get free cokes (but couldnt be sure these are from coca cola direct) although they do get a slightly lower price on their drinks (they have a contract with the company i work for). The only freebies i know of that they get is:
    10 Lucozade + 2 free
    Free case of pints for a case of dud bottles

this is all

Ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

100 kegs=10 free
    100 coke=25 free
    those were nice backhanders, there was easy ready cash to be made from just that, and did that go through the books, just wondering

100 kegs=10 free
    100 coke=25 free

Ah for ****s sake. We don't get any freebies like this. You could supply every pub in the town for a week if you ordered 100 kegs anyway these days even if you did get 10 free. Taking into account tills, and coin orders and even if all the weekly takings from Muldoon's and Ruby's were added up, it still wouldn't come to 125k. Nobody uses cloakrooms anymore, you'd probably take 60 - 100 euro on a good Saturday night and in Waterford only Ruby's, EA and the Forum charge in. There is no cash. You're just talking bollocks now so you are.

Well said.

Ledger wrote: »
    And on another note, the examiner was 'allegedly' (gotta love that word!:p) in cahoots with the dinn ri crowd and was therefore NOT working in the best interests of TG but was working in the best interests of an external force, and this is the reason Bob is bringing him to court.
    These two reasons combined makes a very good reason for the examiner to lie about the 'Alleged' 125k debacle.

Ledger

The examiners job is to work in the interests of the creditors, not in the interests of Mr. T. Perhaps Mr T misunderstood this. Mr T's understanding of the whole process seems questionable given some of the decisions he made. He was trying to keep control of the group when this was not possible.

However, regarding the €125k, where and when did Mr T deny this? Should I believe the Irish Times or posters here?

dayshah wrote: »
    The examiners job is to work in the interests of the creditors, not in the interests of Mr. T. Perhaps Mr T misunderstood this. Mr T's understanding of the whole process seems questionable given some of the decisions he made. He was trying to keep control of the group when this was not possible.

However, regarding the €125k, where and when did Mr T deny this? Should I believe the Irish Times or posters here?

if i have my info wrong i apologise

I think Bob denied it live on WLR

I think Bob denied it live on WLR

Fair enough if he did.

To be honest I was disappointed by WLR's coverage and coverage of the local media. They reported it back in November, but since then I've only read coverage in the Irish Times and Independent.

Any links? I'd like to hear his side of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭seanwindle22

ya i believe now that d banks are after taking control of the TG looks like creditors are left high and dry. id also like to hear Mr T side of story regarding 125 k if any links. im sure Mr T is extremely worried about the creditors loosing out:)

100 kegs=10 free
    100 coke=25 free

easy money

• Advertisement

goat2 wrote: »

easy money

Cloakroom is compulsory nowhere in Waterford and as I said above, you'd be lucky if you got €100 from the cloakroom, which is lodged daily along with the rest of the takings. Easy money all right. :rolleyes:

Adyx wrote: »
    Cloakroom is compulsory nowhere in Waterford and as I said above, you'd be lucky if you got €100 from the cloakroom, easy money all right. :rolleyes:
    does each coat cost 20cent
    as on reading here those noght clubs were full, rocking at weekends, now you say cloakrooms were cumpolsary, what was the fee per item,how many did the venues hold at weekends that being friday saturday and sunday nights

does each coat cost 20cent
    as on reading here those noght clubs were full, rocking at weekends, now you say cloakrooms were cumpolsary, what was the fee per item,how many did the venues hold at weekends that being friday saturday and sunday nights

No I said cloakrooms are not compulsory. If those nightclubs were " full, rocking at weekends" why are they in receivership. Oxygen isn't even open on Fridays for the time-being. Off the top of my head I think the cloakroom in Oxygen took in about €44 last Saturday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Bring back Egans and the Old Stand to start, followed by Masons when it opened first and finish up in the Bowery (when it had the lounge and dancefloor separate). Geoffs, Harveys, DullMoons and Rubys are not the same!

This bring back egans stuff makes me laugh...at the time of closing the bar was doing terribly. Same is true of the Olde Stand. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

This bring back egans stuff makes me laugh...at the time of closing the bar was doing terribly. Same is true of the Olde Stand. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Just because they were doing little business at the end doesn't mean I don't miss them. The closure of The Pulpit, 10, Baker Street, O'Gradys Yard, The Bank (presumably closed) didn't cause me or many others too much sorrow.

They did poorly because the employed someone who's sole role was to deny punters entry.

cloakroom is compulsery 90% of time,cash in hand.It's all about the cash by giles lynchead

Yes I read his post, what's your point? I was responding to the post you made where you quoted me. Considering I work in Oxygen and he doesn't I think I'd have a better idea of whether the cloakroom is compulsory or not. It's not and never has been in the 8 years I've worked there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ledger wrote: »
    i work for the main supplier to the TG.
    im not sure about the kegs, i think they only get the free kegs coming up to events such as spraoi and xmas as an incentive to get their orders in earlier. But i know for sure they do not get the free L/N's and i'm fairly sure they dont get free cokes (but couldnt be sure these are from coca cola direct) although they do get a slightly lower price on their drinks (they have a contract with the company i work for). The only freebies i know of that they get is:
    10 Lucozade + 2 free
    Free case of pints for a case of dud bottles

this is all

Ledger
    Can I suggest that you'd keep such information to yourself. I doubt that the Tweedy Group (or any other business) would want their individual, private and very sensitive deals being discussed here.

• Advertisement

Have to admit that I found it a bit odd for someone to be disclosing information like that.

Advertisement