Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweedy Group - The Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dayshah wrote: »
    I'd like if the popular places (where the pretty girls are) played my sort of music. Unfortunately most girls like music that I think is crap :(
    I agree.Them bitches :(

(Not all girls but they take up a majority!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Waterford is far too small for an alternative club, the market just isn't there, the only chance clubs have is to play Lady GaGa or whatever, the Forum is the closest to alternative anyone will get for a few years anyway, unless a night out becomes much more affordable (i.e.) a price level that is comparable in some degree to a night in with bottles from Tesco.

A potential solution to the country's licenced trade going downhill would be to reintroduce the groceries order for alcoholic beverages, thus forbidding supermarkets to sell drink below cost. It may slightly increase the cost of a night in when compared to a night out, and would also combat our binge drinking culture. But this would have the knock on effect of sending more people to the North for their shopping again

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

A potential solution to the country's licenced trade going downhill would be to reintroduce the groceries order for alcoholic beverages, thus forbidding supermarkets to sell drink below cost. It may slightly increase the cost of a night in when compared to a night out, and would also combat our binge drinking culture. But this would have the knock on effect of sending more people to the North for their shopping again
    Im seriously trying to figure out any good thing to say about this:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

One thing I will say about the Panic club is that it launched on the worst possible weekend. Both EA and the Forum were running festivals that weekend. I asked on their Facebook page for what I could expect from it but didn't receive any reply. The only promotion I saw were flyers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I kinda like lady GaGa if i have the appropriate level of alcohol in me. :(

that being said I usually escape to the smoking room when in Harveys so I can't really hear it and to feast on skittles cocktails. If a latebar opened in the morning that played nothing but Colin Hay and Greenday I and a good few of my mates would be in heaven but like that's been said the women ultimatly decide where to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

ziedth wrote: »
    that being said I usually escape to the smoking room when in Harveys so I can't really hear it and to feast on skittles cocktails.

Yep ya gotta love my skittle cocktails :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

AdMMM wrote: »
    One thing I will say about the Panic club is that it launched on the worst possible weekend. Both EA and the Forum were running festivals that weekend. I asked on their Facebook page for what I could expect from it but didn't receive any reply. The only promotion I saw were flyers.

What's this now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

nkay1985 wrote: »
    What's this now?
    It's an Indie/Alternative club that's operating in Muldoons/Oxygen on Friday nights. They launched on the weekend of EA's closing down festival and of Traffikfest. While there is a market for an Indie-Alt club in Waterford, having 3 places compete against each other was never going to work!

AdMMM wrote: »
    It's an Indie/Alternative club that's operating in Muldoons/Oxygen on Friday nights. They launched on the weekend of EA's closing down festival and of Traffikfest. While there is a market for an Indie-Alt club in Waterford, having 3 places compete against each other was never going to work!

Oh right I remember someone talking about it on here before there were an details. Is it still operating so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Just handed back my keys to Muldoon's after 8 years. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

the whole pubscene thing has gone down the tubes ,the publicans over milked it when it was going well to a greedy extent seeing that they can sell pints for 3.33 now why couldnt they do that a few yrs back.......:D

Adyx wrote: »
    Just handed back my keys to Muldoon's after 8 years. :(

Hard luck Adyx. Has it been sold or what's happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Pretty much certain now that the dunn ri will be taking over. Hopefully they'll take ya back on straight away adyx

It's supposed to be in the early stages of being sold. Eylewood Ltd as a company is gone completely. Receivers aren't saying who are buying it. Ruby's hasn't been sold and is remaining open. The good news is they are honouring the redundancy package we were promised in March.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Adyx wrote: »
    It's supposed to be in the early stages of being sold. Eylewood Ltd as a company is gone completely. Receivers aren't saying who are buying it. Ruby's hasn't been sold and is remaining open. The good news is they are honouring the redundancy package we were promised in March.

Hopefully with some luck you'l get the redundancy, and it will open up soon and get your old job back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Sorry to hear it Adyx.

Heard this yesterday morning, didn't want to post anything in case somebody hadnt heard it, Boards wouldnt exactly be the place i'd like to hear that my job is gone.

A muldoons employee taking in the delivery, who i won't name, was told just as we arrived with the delivery that it was his last day. Not exactly a lot of notice, didnt really seem fair in my eyes.

He was on the phone the rest of the day trying to get some work, good luck to him and everyone involved, they shut down but the bills still have to be paid. It's unfortunate Ruby's has a recruitment ban, even though i know of one person working there who is leaving in about a month's time of his own accord, getting out before things get sticky, he's probably right.

Hopefully it will re-open sometime soon.

Ledger

Personally I think Muldoons will be closed for some time to come. The people from the dunn ri will presumably do a big job on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Personally I think Muldoons will be closed for some time to come. The people from the dunn ri will presumably do a big job on it.

I think your right, a major job needs to be done on it in a bad way.
    But sure at least that way we know it will re-open at sdome stage.

Ledger

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭eiresandra

So... to clarify... have the Dinn Ri group just bought Rubys? Or have they bought the Muldoons complex aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

They should take back on Bar Staff, I worked for them myself in Carlow and still do part time as a dj, but most a their djs come from EML, I presume it would be the same in Waterford, I covered for a mate of mine last week in a club in Waterford last week, I never saw such a quiet city

• Advertisement

Ledger wrote: »
    Sorry to hear it Adyx.

Heard this yesterday morning, didn't want to post anything in case somebody hadnt heard it, Boards wouldnt exactly be the place i'd like to hear that my job is gone.

A muldoons employee taking in the delivery, who i won't name, was told just as we arrived with the delivery that it was his last day. Not exactly a lot of notice, didnt really seem fair in my eyes.

He was on the phone the rest of the day trying to get some work, good luck to him and everyone involved, they shut down but the bills still have to be paid. It's unfortunate Ruby's has a recruitment ban, even though i know of one person working there who is leaving in about a month's time of his own accord, getting out before things get sticky, he's probably right.

Hopefully it will re-open sometime soon.

Ledger

Thanks Ledger. If it makes you feel any better, after he took in the delivery he just said **** it and went off. Me and him then went up to Belfast last night and had a great time at the Pearl Jam gig. :D
    eiresandra wrote: »
    So... to clarify... have the Dinn Ri group just bought Rubys? Or have they bought the Muldoons complex aswell?

We were told Rubys hasn't been sold, just Muldoon's.

It's the two of em B

now..monday night...how about a muldoons team for the craic..

So Ruby's and Muldoons are sold but what's included in Ruby's? Just the nightclub or the nightclub, Ruby Lounge and The Woodman?

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

So Ruby's and Muldoons are sold but what's included in Ruby's? Just the nightclub or the nightclub, Ruby Lounge and The Woodman?

Said on WLR FM it was Ruby Lounge,Niteclub and the Woodman aswell as Muldoons and Oxygen.
    Some bargain at €4.5m add on stamp duty @ 6% €270,000 and due diligence fees and auctioneers fees and still a bargain.
    Hopefully they invest the money they have saved on acquisition on a complete revamp of Muldoons and IMO a smoking area is essential part in this revamp (where to put it we will find out)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

http://www.wlrfm.ie/tabId/269/itemId/2504/Waterford-Citys-main-nightclubs-have-a-new-owner.aspx

Waterford Citys main nightclubs have a new owner
    Last Updated Jun 2010

Waterford City's main nightclubs have a new owner.

The receiver of the Tweedy Group of Bars has sold Ruby Lounge, Ruby's Nightclub, The Woodman, Muldoon's and Oxygen Nightclub for over four million euro.

The buyers are the owners of the Dinn Ri Hotel in Carlow.

The McLoughlin family, had been part of a rescue deal rejected by the High Court earlier this year.

At a creditors meeting in April at which the liquidator was appointed Director of the Tweedy group Bob Tweedy said that the decision to acquire Muldoon's for nine and a half million euro was too much to pay for an assest which needed considerable refurbishment.

John Rohan joint agent for the sale says there was plenty of interest in the properties.

Odats wrote: »
    Said on WLR FM it was Ruby Lounge,Niteclub and the Woodman aswell as Muldoons and Oxygen.
    Some bargain at €4.5m add on stamp duty @ 6% €270,000 and due diligence fees and auctioneers fees and still a bargain.
    Hopefully they invest the money they have saved on acquisition on a complete revamp of Muldoons and IMO a smoking area is essential part in this revamp (where to put it we will find out)

Yeah unbelievable bargain at that price. Less than half the price Tweedy paid for Muldoon's alone. I really hope they make a good go of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Yeah unbelievable bargain at that price. Less than half the price Tweedy paid for Muldoon's alone. I really hope they make a good go of it.

I hope so too, though I'd have preferred if different people bought Muldoons complex and ruby's.

Roughly €4m versus the €5m they offered Tweedy in March. Basically Tweedy just threw away another €1m.
    Also its bought without associated debts so Dinn Rí are better off that Tweedy rejected their earlier offer. Lets hope they make a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its strange about John Ronan’s quote, there was a lot of interest, if there was, How come it went at a rock bottom price? if there was a number of interested party’s, obviously the price would have went up if they were bidding against each other, The McLoughlin family have an endless pit of money, and have no real competition in Carlow, and do charge a steap door charge every weekend in Carlow and have no problem getting it, they might be in for a bit of a shock when the come to Waterford:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Hopfully it will open back up fairly quickly , but they all need a smoking room like harveys or even escapes .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

They should take back on Bar Staff, I worked for them myself in Carlow and still do part time as a dj, but most a their djs come from EML, I presume it would be the same in Waterford, I covered for a mate of mine last week in a club in Waterford last week, I never saw such a quiet city

EML dont do the Dinn Ri ? Where were u playin last week ?

Advertisement