Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweedy Group - The Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

kryogen wrote: »
    Revolution has been going about 6 years (possibly more) and has never changed ownership either

yea but escape is only open a couple of years though

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

dayshah wrote: »
    Erm, it wasn't just his money his risked, hence the liquidation.
    In buying Muldoon's Bob got two "big for his boot's".IMHO.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

The banks have a lot to answer for there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

The banks have a lot to answer for there too.

I'm more concerned about the smaller contractors and suppliers that Tweedy owed money to but didn't pay. These people were just trying to make an honest living, and ended up screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ledger wrote: »
    yea but escape is only open a couple of years though

I get your point but Rev has had a late license for years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

kryogen wrote: »
    Revolution has been going about 6 years (possibly more) and has never changed ownership either

not always been a late bar though or has it? I had an incident in there a number of years ago and don't go in there but before that I never remember spending a full night in there.

yeah i guess it used only be a late bar on weekends years ago

an incident eh :) sounds interesting

Interesting enough,

Didn't have a fight or anything but still pissed off to this day.

That is crazy when you think about it that only albeit debatably two clubs/LB's have survived.

ziedth wrote: »
    Interesting enough,

Didn't have a fight or anything but still pissed off to this day.

That is crazy when you think about it that only albeit debatably two clubs/LB's have survived.

What it tells me is that Waterford only sustains 2+2, and also that Waterford people are unhappy with how the late bars are. That is why whenever a new late bar opens everyone seems to switch to the new one.

dayshah wrote: »
    What it tells me is that Waterford only sustains 2+2, and also that Waterford people are unhappy with how the late bars are. That is why whenever a new late bar opens everyone seems to switch to the new one.

not so much everyone but all the kiddies tend to switch.

good luck to all of 'em.

and yes btw i realize how sad that sounds coming from a 19 yr old :confused:

• Advertisement

I started my drinking life up in Dungarvan and it was a truly remarkable place in that say pub A would be jammed for week with all the "teens" (this was 10 years ago so underage drinking wasn't really an issue) then one week for no reason at all everyone would he in pub B.

Looking around it's hard to imagine that the city can't have a larger more varied club scene.

As much as I try and keep the nightlife stuff to the nightlife thread...some people are determined to riddle the Tweedy Thread with off topic jibber jabber. Some people were just not cut out to be mods. ;)

Will I merge them and make it a complete cluster**** to read? I have the power :)

Will I merge them and make it a complete cluster**** to read? I have the power :)

you left out a maniacal laugh saying that didn't you?

MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackstufflad

;)You are so right Mr t never put his money up front , he put our money from the banks up front.And as for running a business well he's a publican that just got lucky and took a chance with the banks money. Now if he was smart he may not be as broke as we all think . Although I noticed the yoga business is now a solicitors , stretching things a bit I think ?????????

Work seems to have begun on Ruby's.

Passed by this morning and there were builders inside, with a skip etc outside in the bus stop.

Hopefully they do an good overhaul of the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Ledger wrote: »
    Work seems to have begun on Ruby's.

Passed by this morning and there were builders inside, with a skip etc outside in the bus stop.

Hopefully they do an good overhaul of the place.

Yeah it was just on wlr that the sale of the clubs was concluded this morning,and work has started straight away.

Work started on Rubys last Thursday iirc

So what are we thinking new year before reopen?

hopefully, might inject a bit of life and choice into the thing.

• Advertisement

Well they already missed Spraoi and the students back. It'd be nuts to miss Chrimbo season.

Just read back over the entire thread, took a while but made for interesting reading to see how it all unfolded.

. . . . . and yes I do have too much time on my hand haha

I sometimes to that,

It's awful but try and track down the AH thread during 911. It's actually a great read.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I think there's a link to it in the Legendary Threads sticky in AHs.

They could nearly stick this thread in there at this stage.

Could we have a Legendary thread for the Waterford fourm? Be awfully lonely with this in there on it's own! :)

Heard yesterday that paddies day is te target date for rubys/whatever they're gonna call it.

I sometimes to that,

It's awful but try and track down the AH thread during 911. It's actually a great read.

i might just do that actually cheers for the tip

Just noticed this.

Could do with a bit of an update and clarification methinks. I can't due to a conflict of interest haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 RyanP

Heard yesterday that paddies day is te target date for rubys/whatever they're gonna call it.

Naming it after the foundry in carlow? altho i seen a SHUSH poster on top of it passing the other day, or is that just poster have on it to market the foundry.

i think naming two clubs same name so close is bogye.,

Especially since carlow is known for foundry, its like calling it tripod waterford.

should be someway riginal and make it a club waterford owns and not into start of foundry franchise.

• Advertisement

RyanP wrote: »
    Naming it after the foundry in carlow? altho i seen a SHUSH poster on top of it passing the other day,

I made that mistake too, it appears the SHUSH is their kinda naff marketing campaign. "Don't tell anyone" etc

Advertisement