Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweedy Group - The Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Adyx, this thread got boring a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Rumours, rumours, rumours, and the bullshhiit.

Grand so just tellin ya what i know your entitled to your opinion so am i

But it's not really what you know is it. Just to clear something up, I do not work for the Tweedy Group.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

But it's not really what you know is it. Just to clear something up, I do not work for the Tweedy Group.

Ah yeah it is really. It kinda is what i was told by someone in a position to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Ausone

If the court appointed an examiner, they must have thought that the business was potentially viable.
    I doubt if having an examiner appointed by the court is a stunt, it cedes control of a business.
    I doubt if closing a selection of the premises would increase the viability of the business as a whole. The examinership process lasts until February.

Those businesses they are thinking of closing would need to be losing money before loan repayments. I doubt that is happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Clano wrote: »
    Ah yeah it is really. It kinda is what i was told by someone in a position to know.

Well I do work for the Tweedy Group and I know for a fact that there are no plans at the moment to close Masons at least, whatever about Muldoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

If I was the examiner, I would be looking at the figures on each premises, the first place to go would be Ruby’s, as he is only leasing it, why not put the Ruby’s brand into Masons as this is a modern building and wouldn’t cost as much as doing up Muldoon’s and Oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

all i know is if you came to the beers you wouldn't be arguing. We'd all know who the real baddie is :)

So who's the real baddie Ziedth?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

geoffs of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Adyx wrote: »
    8 to 10 places? Masons, Rubys and Muldoons equals 3 by my count. Ten is already closed but that's still only 4. Bad Bobs/Park Inn were never technically part of the group and Oskar's isn't either any more (neither are affected by this anyway). Also nothing will be closed before Jan/Feb (if even then). How can it be stunt? The High Court doesn't put companies in examinership for the lulz.
    There's no fool like an old fool,Bob sr new better then the bank's,park inn,BB'S no grief :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

If I was the examiner, I would be looking at the figures on each premises, the first place to go would be Ruby’s, as he is only leasing it, why not put the Ruby’s brand into Masons as this is a modern building and wouldn’t cost as much as doing up Muldoon’s and Oxygen.

while i agree this, in theory, could be a great idea, people do not think of places by their trading name and what i mean by this is that if this was to be done (and tbh it wont), people would still think of the place as masons because that is what it is at the back of it all and so people will decide to go to escape or harveys for late bars or nightclubs and thus losing TG customers.
    To put it another way, think about how long it took people to stop calling masons club la or the junction after TG bought out K's share and renovated the place or how long it took people to stop calling harveys sheff's or shefflin's when this was bought by K's and was renovated.
    Btw by this i mean waterford people not blow-in's or students in the WIT.

In his fist report to the high court the examiner said"Muldoon's and Oxygen is the largest asset owned by the group and is also the most viable"
    The crash in property prices has created another major headache for all involved,I.E.the value of the properties concerned no longer cover's any exsisting borrowings of the group and this always make's bank's nervious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

In his fist report to the high court the examiner said"Muldoon's and Oxygen is the largest asset owned by the group and is also the most viable"
    The crash in property prices has created another major headache for all involved,I.E.the value of the properties concerned no longer cover's any exsisting borrowings of the group and this always make's bank's nervious.

Very true. Even if Muldoons was once worth €9.5 million, it would never go for that in these times. Muldoons is viable eh? I suppose it is potentially viable. It is the largest venue and he does own it rather than lease it. It does require an awful amount of work though. Where did you hear that by the way?

www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2009/1106/1224258186202.html
    Friday 6th Nov.
    Second point is based on a personal expearance,on a much smaller scale i might add,i assume this applies to all commerical secured loans.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Just wondering if anyone has heard the outcome of tweedy group. I do believe that the decision about what was to happen woth tweedy group was meant to be made today in court but I cant find anything on it yet. Anyone heard anything?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Yes I have

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Ok I should have made it clearer. Anyone like to share what they've heard? :D

Adjourned til Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

rubys ? only isnt they renting the place ,they do own across the road ,tho
    a fresh change of the clubscene and owners in waterford wouldnt go astray..........

• Advertisement

rubys ? only isnt they renting the place ,they do own across the road ,tho
    a fresh change of the clubscene and owners in waterford wouldnt go astray..........

sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kittymiss

when theres a new sherrif in town let me know till then suffer on with that
    poor excuse for a clubscene down there......;)

You'll start going out then kittymiss will you? When someone different takes your money?

Or is there something specific that you'd like? Do you think that this "new sheriff" will charge €3 for drinks happy hours every day? There are many different bar owners in the town...but everyone likes a new thing don't they? Until that new thing gets old I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

*sigh*, look are we really gonna go through all this again!? for those of you who just came in on this thread read back over what was already said and in particular my own first comment! STOP WHINING YOUR JOB DOESNT DEPEND ON THIS WHEREAS MINE MIGHT!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

so, when are we going to hear the final outcome?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Postponed until Friday in court

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Any updates?

This thing is really dragging on.

If I told ya that it was postponed again til next week...how would ya feel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

If I told ya that it was postponed again til next week...how would ya feel?

I'd feel I'd need a drink.

Really, I don't think anyone benefits from it being dragged out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

dayshah wrote: »
    Any updates?

This thing is really dragging on.

These things always drag out for some reason!

Advertisement