Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tweedy Group - The Aftermath

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackstufflad

Just a thought . Why dont wholesalers of booze in ireland do as tesco do and buy from uk suppliers and pass on the savings 1.15 to the pound now instead of 1.5 . That way every body wins , or is it that they are already buying from these suppliers but dont want to pass on the savings . From what I have read ,Tesco were buying from irish wholesalers but were not getting the discount when the exchange went down, so started bringing in there goods from Uk. Anyway they are still not as cheap as tesco in uk .At christmas tesco, asda etc selling bud and other largers for 50pence a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Just a thought . Why dont wholesalers of booze in ireland do as tesco do and buy from uk suppliers and pass on the savings 1.15 to the pound now instead of 1.5 . That way every body wins , or is it that they are already buying from these suppliers but dont want to pass on the savings . From what I have read ,Tesco were buying from irish wholesalers but were not getting the discount when the exchange went down, so started bringing in there goods from Uk. Anyway they are still not as cheap as tesco in uk .At christmas tesco, asda etc selling bud and other largers for 50pence a bottle.

Tescos always bought from the UK. Its nothing to do with them not getting discounts its the fact that by buying for the chain both ireland and the UK they are tripling their buying power and so suppliers can afford to sell products cheaper to them. Its just simple economies of scale.

And im sorry if we IRISH suppliers wish to support the IRISH economy by buying IRISH from IRISH manufacturers. We should be ashamed of ourselves!

and btw i cannot fully vouch for other companies but i know the company i work for is selling at the absolute lowest price possible!

Ledger

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note:

This has absolutely nothing to do with Tesco. Please can we move away from discussing Tesco and stick with the topic at hand? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 blackstufflad

Yes youre right we went off the subject, just got carried away with cheap beer . Maybe if the clubs had sold drink at reasonable prices then tweedy wouldnt be in this position now.
    So if judgement does go against him , then he will probably have to rely on he's wifes income from the yoga business that she opened just before christmas. Its just opposite the peoples park. Energy I think its called.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

She allegedly took over the running of the Maxol garage on Park Road that used to be the PArk Service Station.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Odats wrote: »
    She allegedly took over the running of the Maxol garage on Park Road that used to be the PArk Service Station.

no she didn't. the same woman who had that has the one on the cork road to and its not his wife.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

south wrote: »
    no she didn't. the same woman who had that has the one on the cork road to and its not his wife.

Mod Note:
    Which is exactly why this type of speculation is not permitted - lets just keep it to facts and facts only folks. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

people in this town believe anything, no matter who tells them.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭KingLoser

people in this town believe anything, no matter who tells them.
    Yeah, yer man told me that too. I'd say it's true.

Any one know when the judge announces her decision?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Ledger wrote: »

supposed to be tomorrow i think

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

Women eh! always taking forever to make up their minds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Partizan

No sign of the Tweedy Group in Court today -

http://www.courts.ie/LegalDiary.NSF/PDADoc?openagent&DocID=4CBC70CB1AEFC0A0802576D9005446C2&View=HCTC&Start=1&Finish=5406

It might not be a bad thing if he did go into liquidation. The company would be broken up and jobs might well be saved. It could provide more competition for nightlife in Waterford.

Partizan wrote: »
    It might not be a bad thing if he did go into liquidation. The company would be broken up and jobs might well be saved. It could provide more competition for nightlife in Waterford.

No, it is more likely more jobs will be lost or other companies will lose major customers.

Ledger

The best TG can hope for is probably receivorship and hoping that the banks leave things relatively as they are, similar to Whites in Wexford

The best TG can hope for is probably receivorship and hoping that the banks leave things relatively as they are, similar to Whites in Wexford

well if the group in tramore who are interested need time maybe if it goes into receivership this will give them the time they need and TG may be able to right themselves somehow.

Ledger

Verdict 10am Friday morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Verdict 10am Friday morning

Sure. We all heard that one before. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dayshah wrote: »
    Sure. We all heard that one before. :rolleyes:

Yeah I reckon it's about the fourth or fifth deadline so far.

Well the case is over now...The verdict is on this friday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

In a kind of seperate note, I see that the Langtons in Kilkenny are interested in the Reginald/Bowery. This would probably be the best value investment presently available in Waterford considering that the Waterford Crystal centre will be located right across the road from it and property prices are extremely low at the moment.

If they follow a similar model to that of the old Reginald, I'd imagine the place will become a goldmine and the closest you can come to being able to print money - even in these difficult times!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

AdMMM wrote: »
    In a kind of seperate note, I see that the Langtons in Kilkenny are interested in the Reginald/Bowery. This would probably be the best value investment presently available in Waterford considering that the Waterford Crystal centre will be located right across the road from it and property prices are extremely low at the moment.

Would be good alright and Eamonn Langton really knows what he's doing,

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭MacGyver

If they follow a similar model to that of the old Reginald, I'd imagine the place will become a goldmine and the closest you can come to being able to print money - even in these difficult times!

I might be mistaken but im pretty sure the council bought the bowery a few years ago under a compulsery purchase order

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I hope not, I always thought the Bowery would be a nice little place if done right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

MacGyver wrote: »
    I might be mistaken but im pretty sure the council bought the bowery a few years ago under a compulsery purchase order

they did i think and its up for sale again.

Yeah if it's done as a kind of traditional (but not Oirish) but classy pub. Nice food, relaxed atmosphere etc, they could make a fortune from the tourists during the day and if they makea good enough impression, there'd be nothing stopping them from strolling back over in the night from the hotels in town - none would be more than a 5 or 6 minute walk really.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Id love it to go back being like the Reginald.Always used to love Sunday lunches down there

just a bit of constructive critisism guys but ur going a bit off topic we wouldnt want sully back on again :rolleyes:

and yes i'm the pot.:p

just a bit of constructive critisism guys but ur going a bit off topic we wouldnt want sully back on again :rolleyes:

and yes i'm the pot.:p

Nah, just meandering around while we await the verdict. :D

• Advertisement

Well it appears that The Tweedy Group have won the battle...

Judge refused proposal from Examiner and Carlow. The venues are now under court protection for the time being.

The best possible result for the TG.

Advertisement