Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fresian Bulls

• 28-10-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭

without knowing too much on this particular breed, am I right in saying theres v little demand for fresian bulls and if so, how come?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I presume you mean for beef rather than breeding.....
    When it comes to converting food they eat to meat on their backs, they rank the lowest.
    There is nothing wrong with the meat eating quality per se, it's just that from a farmers and meat factory point of view, they don't do the business.
    Still if you can source them at the right price, they might leave a profit.
    Friesans are better than Holsteins & Holsteins better than Jersey (can't give those calves away).

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭zetorman

Is there anyone out there who feed Fr bullocks.?? I think there should be money in it. You can buy them for less than 80 euro as sucks ... my plan would be to send them to factory as 2 and a half year olds... feed little or no nuts after they reach 6 months. What do ye think ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

zetorman wrote: »
    Is there anyone out there who feed Fr bullocks.?? I think there should be money in it. You can buy them for less than 80 euro as sucks ... my plan would be to send them to factory as 2 and a half year olds... feed little or no nuts after they reach 6 months. What do ye think ??

I saw good quality fr bullocks selling for €1 per kg. (my neighbour bought 540 kgs for €520)
    IMO far better buy than calves & spend the money you were going to spend on milk replacer & nuts to finish the bullock.

Advertisement